Innovative Marine Aquariums

Nuggs' IM Fusion 20 Nano Build

Nuggs

Fits fine in the back chamber? Been looking at this pump for some time now! Also is it strong enough to remove a power head from inside the tank?

Yep fits perfectly, and has rubber feet to isolate it from the tank bottom. So in that config its really about as wide as a Cobalt Aquatics MJ-1200 as with that pump you use a side suction cup mount.

I would say with LPS yes, if your SPS id say keep the powerhead in there cause you'll still need random flow.

I'm running mine at 65% with 2 x RW-4s for alternating wav action between 30% and 50% depending on the time of day.

• 1 month later...

Been awhile since i updated here, cross posting from my local reef forum:

Couple random pics from September:
IMG_0071.jpg
IMG_0072.jpg
IMG_0074.jpg
IMG_0075.jpg
IMG_0076.jpg
Lost my Crocea clam last month.
It was fine, then in one day it's was gaping and had detached from the rock.
Next day was completely retracted and by the end of the day the CuC cleaned the shell out.
Not really sure what happened. All the parameters are fine plenty of light and he looked happy till a few days ago.
Added a Green Clown Goby last Month
IMG_0149.jpg
A few updates:
I was never completely happy with the spread on the AI Prime. It would have been good for an 18" area but at 24" long I had too much shadowing on the edges. I could have went with a second Prime but the tank wouldn't have accommodated the 2 mounts well. They would have been closer together than I wanted to avoid interfering with the back mounted sump equipment.
A few weeks back I found a deal on a pair of used Kessils A360WE that was too good to pass up. Currently running the pair at 30% on goosenecks. Loving the lighting difference. No shadows, great spectrum, a little less red and green highlights than the Prime, but better UV output.
Added a MagRock Jr and rearranged some frags. I really like the look, definitely added some depth to the tank. Should look really good once the rock colours up.
Last week I started adding Kalkwasser to my top off water. Parameters appear to be holding steady with a 2 tsp to 2.5 gallon mix. PH is staying up nicely as well.
Started noticing some of my Zoas aren't as fully open as I'd like. I think I'm keeping the tank too clean, might need to up my nitrates a bit.
  • 2 weeks later...

Got up this morning and noticed my skimmer was overflowing. Checked the water level in the sump section and it was really high, but hasn't quite reached the overflow switch.

Not positive what happened. The only thing I can think off is that the power may have flicked a bunch of times yesterday. When the power flickered it much have been enough to trip the Ozmolater, causing it to dump a little water into the tank every time. The power must've never went out completely because I never did get a power failure e-mail from the Apex.

Looks like the ATO was shutoff by the Apex automatically when the PH hit 8.4. Salinity ended up being 1.024 so not too bad.

Guess its time to invest in a UPS.

If not a UPS, at least a line conditioner / voltage regulator. I've learned through the years that nothing will shorten the lifespan of electronics more than bad power delivery from the house.

• 1 month later...

Any updates?

Unfortunately, no good updates.

I found out a week before christmas, that I'm posted inland (I'm in the Navy). So I decided to sell off the fish and coral until after my move.

• 3 weeks later...

Added some livestock:
IMG_9389.jpg
IMG_9386.jpg
IMG_9385.jpg
IMG_9384.jpg

Got my box of stuff from Reefsupplies on Friday, just random bits, an ATO reservoir, and my new media baskets.
My helpers take unboxing seriously...
IMG_9394.jpg
They even test the packaging material to see that it meets my expectations.

I was going to go with the InTank media baskets but with the price of the US dollar and the crazy shipping prices I went with the IM baskets instead. Still very happy with them.
IMG_9419.jpg
IMG_9420.jpg
Overall a much bigger and more robust basket.

A couple pics I snapped while acclimating stuff:
IMG_9455.jpg
IMG_9452.jpg
IMG_9469.jpg

Most recent pics:

IMG_9557_1.jpg
IMG_9560.jpg

Sorry for the long posts, moving everything over from another forum kinda strung it together.

So in the last 2 weeks since I got the livestock in, I've mostly just been rearranging coral and placing frags. I need to get up a full list of the coral.
I did upgrade the light to an AI Prime (using their mounting bracket), I've got to say I love the thing. The customizability and the wifi out of the box make the thing awesome. Currently running 18.5K @ 60%
IMG_9567.jpg
I also picked up the IM Desktop size skimmer and reactor. The reactor is currently running Bio Pellets. The skimmer was a bit noisy for the first 2 days but then quieted right up. I couldn't figure out my I couldn't get a proper head of foam out of it though. Figured it was just going to require a breakin period, but then I noticed this:
IMG_9564.jpg
IMG_9565%202.jpg
The IM QA department really failed on this one. The actual neck and the forcing cone aren't aligned, so the foam head starts to form and then just leaks over into the cup. I have the call the supplier and IM on Monday and see what can be done. Hoping I can just get a collection cup sent out vs having to RMA the whole unit.
I had upgraded the return pump to a Cobalt Aquatics MJ1200, which I found was the perfect amount of flow. Corals were doing great and no detritus settled. Apparently my Purple Firefish thought otherwise and won't come out if the pump was on. I did go back to the OEM pump from IM. Its 211 GPH va the 296 GPH of the 1200. He still stayed hidden. Given that the flow didn't make a difference and the OEM pump is really loud, I went back to the 1200 with a TLF ball valve in there. I'll slowly throttle the flow up over 2 weeks and see if that acclimates him. There is the possibility that I may pull the thing and put in a Jebao DC1200 or DC2000 yet.
After selling off the old 150G I was finally able to get the Fusion moved into its spot and then came the wiring job.
IMG_9577.jpg
At the same time I picked up a Apex Jr from a local reefer and the Jebao Module to run my RW-4s. I simply love the increased flexibility the Apex fives me with those pumps. Then a week later the opportunity presented itself to get a used Full Apex. I of course jumped at it and just finished the wiring last night.
IMG_9569.jpg
IMG_9573.jpg

I did have one loss I forgot to mention.
My Banded Goby jumped and I found him crispy on the floor this morning. Not sure if he wormed his way out through the sides, or if he jumped when I was doing maintenance and running back and forth to watch the Jays trounce Detroit.

A quick pic I snapped tonight:
IMG_9601.jpg

If anyone else has / gets an AI prime and is looking for some example programming here is what I'm running currently:
Prime.jpg
And here is the exported settings:

Well I got the mesh changed out.
Before:
IMG_9567.jpg
After:
IMG_9620.jpg
In can actually see through the top now, lol.
IMG_9621.jpg

fantastic thank you for the prime exported settings:. your thank still running ok?

I just shut it down and sold the contents and tank.

I'll probably order a 25 Lagoon and use the skimmer reactor media baskets etc after the move for a new build.

what you ve been running on your reactor? what you used for filtration media? and about the skimmer? noise etc? the prime settings was working good for you? no algae etc? thank you very much

All in one biopellets.

Filter floss, carbon, purigen.

Great little skimmer. No micro bubbles after break-in period. A little louder than I'm used too but its a nano skimmer open to the air not a larger skimmer hidden inside a stand. No real mechinal noise with it. Just the "frothing" noise and slight hum.

All in one biopellets.

Filter floss, carbon, purigen.

Great little skimmer. No micro bubbles after break-in period. A little louder than I'm used too but its a nano skimmer open to the air not a larger skimmer hidden inside a stand. No real mechinal noise with it. Just the "frothing" noise and slight hum.

thank you very much.

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well like I said in January, I shut it down due to an upcoming move. But within a few weeks I should be starting a new 25 lagoon build.

Well like I said in January, I shut it down due to an upcoming move. But within a few weeks I should be starting a new 25 lagoon build.

You will love the lagoon. I moved from a standard 10 gallon to the lagoon. It took about 5 minutes to fall in love with it.

Archived