Coral Vue Hydros

New 10g

halmotors

Here's my new 10g AGA. It's in my nephew's bedroom, so exuse the spongebob stickers...specs after the pics.

10tank1.jpg

10tank2.jpg

10tank3.jpg

Specs:

10g AGA tank

Small Whisper HOB filter (I already had it, so I used it)

Approx. 10# LS, 10# LR

28w 10K PC, 28w Actinic 03 PC

Various critters so far, etc., etc...

Anyway, that's it so far. I'll update as things change.

Originally posted by 3gEclipseGuy

where'd that hood come from? with that lighting in there that's nice looking? How hot does it get?

Looks like a old CSL unit.

*feels loved*

The hood...I have absolutely no idea, insofar as to say that it's old. It holds three 28w PC bulbs, two on one ballast, the third on another (for dusk/morning light, I imagine). but the middle bulb doesn't work for some reason, so I'm running at only 2/3 the available light. If I didn't have the Aquaclear on there, it would fit the top of the tank like a glove. The temp. never gets up above 80 degrees, either, which is nice.

Specs? There isn't much for specs right now, but here goes...

10g AGA tank

Approx. 10# LS

Approx. 10# LR

56w of PC lighting, 1 10K, 1 Actinic 03

200w Visitherm heater

Aquaclear 200 with Marc Weiss Silicate+Phosphate Absorber

Rio 90 powerhead with duckbill attachment

Various snails and hermits

Two small patches of green star polyp

One large clump of Halimeda

One small, red unidentified anemone (I think it's a rock flower, but I'm not entirely sure)

One lonely feather duster

That's about it for now. I'll update as I get more things in it. It's not done for rock, either; I'll be adding more as I get it. I already have a decent population of copepods in the tank, and I'm getting through my bout of brown algae, so it should be rockin' pretty soon. Thanks for the comments!

It is a Custom Sealife unit (got two of them.) It can run 32 w bulbs as well and the ballasts are in the top under the plate that the cords run out off.

Good ol' CSL...I was thinking it would be a good little hood for an HQI retrofit, right in the middle where the third bulb used to be. Any suggestions on what brand, how to do it, etc?

• 3 weeks later...

Okay, here's an update on the 10g. I added some new stuff, and whatnot. Here are some pics with captions. One pic I couldn't get was that of the pistol shrimp I put in there. He kinda has the butt of a cleaner shrimp, except orange and white, and the rest of his body is orange. He's about an inch long, and he's fairly neat.

tongueleather.jpg

I call it a tongue leather, but it's just a toadstool. It looks like the rock is sticking it's tongue out at you. You can also see a pair of green buttons on the rock, too.

hammer.jpg

My little hammer. It's enjoying it's spot on the sand.

fullshot.jpg

Full tank shot.

button.jpg

My little button coral. It seems to be happy in that spot, and the crabs leave it alone.

bubble.jpg

The bubble. This thing is loving the position it's on in the tank. It's just so big and bushy and happy.

That's it for now. Comments?

i feel like theres gonna be some bad fighting in there 10g 1 buble next to a hammer hmm... wonder who will win
Hmmm... tough one... I'll put my money on hammer...

Archived