inTank Media Baskets

DurocShark's 17 Gallon Planar Overflow

DurocShark

DurocShark

I haven't updated this in a while. Since velvet took out the fish, the tank has been running fallow. It will be a temporary holding tank for the corals and a fish or two from the 70 during the transition to the new acrylic. That tank's been setting in my living room for months since I got it. Just can't seem to get a solid day to work on it.

Anyway, once that's complete I'm going to attempt a disassembly of the 17 gallon planar overflow. I want to seal it perfectly. I won't have the constant trickle down the emergency overflow, but I think that'll be ok. If that's successful, this will become a freshwater planted tank.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
DurocShark

I had started moving corals over one at a time, and realized I should put a fish in there to make sure everything's copacetic. When I stopped at my LFS of course I pick out the most expensive fish in the place. Sigh.

7IKe6zz.jpg

• 3 months later...

After tearing down my 70 gallon, I scrubbed any corals I thought I could put in this 17, and gave them a heck of a strong peroxide bath. They got transferred this past Saturday. Today is the first day they've mostly rid themselves of the slime from the treatment they've received, and are starting to open up.

Crappy cell phone, daytime reflections, and dirty glass. Oh, and some algae that the two hermits and one snail that were in there couldn't be bothered to eat.

FTS:

pDQqJLO.jpg

Before I started this, the only stuff in here were the hammer and blastos. Everything else has been added this past weekend.

H0mGxK1.jpg

ZHEwV2C.jpg

zT5D7ky.jpg

VAAKO1T.jpg

PxtYKFu.jpg

gvzLrGx.jpg

That cup coral looks bleached, but it's WAY better than it was in the 70. Something was eating the skin, I suspect my foxface since I saw it poking its nose in there a lot. Much of the flesh was gone off the skeleton, and the polyps rarely opened. It's already looking happier than it did in the 70.

That duncan, I don't know. It actually got moved a month ago, and never opened up in this tank. No idea why. Water params were identical to the big tank, I moved it around to various lighting levels, but it's just fading away. Sad, because I really liked it.

Thanks. I love that clown, but he won't host in anything. So I'm letting the algae grow on the back removable panel. He hosts in there. Go figure. I really need a better nem for him, but this tank's just too small. :(

Pics from last night. The cup coral is recovering nicely. GSP is mad. Not only is it in a low light corner, but it has a rock nem living right on the mat. hehehe

Cup coral looking happier than I've seen it in a while:

g8eRijd.jpg

My feather duster showing off. I love how the GSP mat grew onti its tube:

ik6kfTM.jpg

Rock nem is a butthead to GSP:

u8lGSNg.jpg

This hammer just isn't growing like I want it to. Don't know why. Probably the same reason my duncan is about dead:

8C5l5E6.jpg

Top down cellphone pic:

nrDhqch.jpg

Archived