SaltCritters.com

2 canon LED for 12 gal.

yoc-reef

I have 2 canon LED's to act as my moonlighting, i was wondering if i can use a left over 24w ballast to power them or how i need to do that to power them. I bought them from PCToys.com. Can someone help??

Do I need one for each LED and one for fan?? do i need 4 of the ac to dc adapters?? is there a way to hook up all four to the one??

bravoreefer

I got the exactly the same ones; 2 blue for my MB7 tank. All you need is an Universal AC to DC converter with variable voltages - something like this : http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?cata...t%5Fid=273-1667 -. And you also need a connector plug. Then you also need the male ended connecter with barewires on the other end. Then just cut the molex plugs of the LED cannons, run wire to that male connector plug, solder both + to the + and both - to the -. Then run the ACDC converter @ 3 or 4.5 volts. Lower voltage means lower light more life, more voltage means more light less life. Those cannons are made to run at 5volts. Any other questions, I am sure I can walk you though it. I did this exact same thing to my tank last week.

Answering your question, you only need 1 ACDC converter, 1 male ended connecter for both LEDs, and 1 more if you run a fan during the day. I use one ACDC converter fan both my fan and LED cannons. When I shut the fan off from 12volts, I change the plugs and plug in my LED connons @ 4.5volts.

Thanks Bravo. That's awesome! Look good in the hood - how about in the tank? Thanks for the link, I am gonna order some tomorrow. And the write-up is cool, too. Easy to understand and simple. Thanks again, appreciate it much!

bravoreefer

Mothi: You should cut off the molex plug (the computer power supplies style plug)from it when it comes to you. Then solder that to the male ended connecter which plugs into your AC-DC converter. Run the converter @ 4.5V~5V for max light/life. Any more questions, I would gladly answer; as moon lighting looks sweet as you are watching at night in bed =)

Archived