inTank Media Baskets

LFS in Gainesville, FL Suggestions

Jwilken02

Orlando have a real nice selection of LFS with lot of corals,

Top Shelf Corals is my #1 good quality and price.

Living Reef, very good quality.

World Wide Corals.

This are my top 3.

Cheers

Orlando have a real nice selection of LFS with lot of corals,

Top Shelf Corals is my #1 good quality and price.

Living Reef, very good quality.

World Wide Corals.

This are my top 3.

Cheers

Agreed. Although, I don't really shop at WWC much anymore. All I have ever gotten from them is nuisance algae.

I have been to Living Reef a few times when I was living back in Deland, but now being way up here in North Central FL I don't see myself down that way very much. Once the cooler weather gets here we will start taking out our camper, usually towards the east coast to try and luck out with some winter swell so that will be my best chance for any purchases outside of the immediate area. I do appreciate all the replies and information though, if it doesn't help me out you never know who it might!

They probably are you can message them on their Facebook page.

I will try and get down there at some point, I visit family back near Daytona Beach so maybe next weekend when I am heading back to Gainesville I'll try and stop by and check it out if it's open on Black Friday.

• 3 weeks later...

Looking for someone in the local area that might have some macros for sale, anything to help get these initial nitrates down. Chaeto would be great but also interested in different varieties. I have some left over reef cleaners rock that I would be willing to trade or just out right purchase. Let me know if anybody has any in the area, rather get it from someone with a nice established system rather than a LFS. Thanks

Looking for someone in the local area that might have some macros for sale, anything to help get these initial nitrates down. Chaeto would be great but also interested in different varieties. I have some left over reef cleaners rock that I would be willing to trade or just out right purchase. Let me know if anybody has any in the area, rather get it from someone with a nice established system rather than a LFS. Thanks

I have some chaeto and a ton of red Titan macro, I'm in Jacksonville this weekend but I can bring some back with me. PM if you're interested.

• 1 month later...

Probably won't work but figured I would try and give away some chaeto rather than just throwing it out. It's been in my sump for a little over a month, started out as at soft ball size and now has turned into this! As you can see it is leaving no room for the red Titan. So if your local or have any ideas what to do with excess let me know. Probably won't be getting into till this afternoon.

post-69542-0-88262800-1453039850_thumb.jpeg

post-69542-0-59837700-1453039866_thumb.jpeg

itsyahboydanny

I grew up in Gainesville and moved to Clearwater in September but If your looking for higher end stuff I'd say make the 2 hour trip to World Wide Corals in Orlando. World class. Also Summer's is the best place in town hands down. Another option is reef-chicks.com they have awesome stuff and free shipping on orders over 100$ to Fla residents. Also Fla Frag Swap will be in Tampa on 2/13 I think, I'll definally be heading there.

GO GATORS!

I grew up in Gainesville and moved to Clearwater in September but If your looking for higher end stuff I'd say make the 2 hour trip to World Wide Corals in Orlando. World class. Also Summer's is the best place in town hands down. Another option is reef-chicks.com they have awesome stuff and free shipping on orders over 100$ to Fla residents. Also Fla Frag Swap will be in Tampa on 2/13 I think, I'll definally be heading there.

GO GATORS!

Yup I have been to Summers and got my hawkfish from them but unfortunately lately they have been dealing with some gnarly algae issues in their frag tanks, or at least a few weeks ago they were. I plan on going in there today to see if maybe they will give me a credit for the chaeto or just give it to them so I don't have to throw it out. Hopefully they will take some money off of the ywg/shrimp pair I have been wanting.

Archived