inTank Media Baskets

Reserve your Fusion Lagoon aquarium at Marine Depot

Marine Depot

So far it's looking favorable for pre-orderers. We are hearing we'll receive between 2 and 4 dozen tanks in the first shipment.

It is difficult to gauge interest in new products unless they are in the incubation period for a long time, building a buzz, getting beta tested and doing the rounds at shows (like the Gyre, for example). We know IM is sensitive and responsive to customer feedback—you can see it in the way their tanks and accessories have evolved the past few years. We sincerely hope that level of care extends to all facets of the business, fulfillment included.

Definitely. I think one way to avoid problems is to be transparent about pre-order status, perhaps a list. I realize demand of pre-orders can outpace supply, but people should be able to see where they stand and when things are coming - either from the manufacturer or vendor. IM and MD were both great with the whole situation, but the reality was that IM didn't come close to meeting the number of preorders. People waited a really long time.

I think people who purchase pre-orders should know where exactly in the pre-order list they are, how many tanks MD has ready to go on release to ship to people who pre-ordered, and for those who don't get their tanks in time because of supply/demand numbers. For instance, 250 people pre-order, MD has 123 tanks - the first 123 people are going to get their tanks, while the other 127 have to wait. I think it fair to alert, via email, #127-250 what number they are and when they should expect a tank.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
nanoreefer15

Will the 25g model be able to utilize the inTank triple layer media baskets as filtration, or is the tank limited to the stock mechanical filtration that it comes with?

Will the 25g model be able to utilize the inTank triple layer media baskets as filtration, or is the tank limited to the stock mechanical filtration that it comes with?

Intank 20 Media Basket fits the 25 gallon model, Fusion 30L and 40 media basket can fit Lagoon 50.

Yes they will :) The chambers are the same.

The 50 gallon Lagoon model is also the same chambers as the Fusion 30L and 40.

Marine Depot

What are the actual display dimensions (excluding the rear compartment) of the 25g?

What is the expected ship date?

We contacted Innovative Marine this morning to help answer both of your questions and are currently waiting for a reply. :)

We contacted Innovative Marine this morning to help answer both of your questions and are currently waiting for a reply. :)

I called earlier today and spoke with Jack regarding LED setups for the 25g tank :) I am ready to order...

They posted via instagram comment "most likely next week". https://instagram.com/p/60Sv2ioyLI/

Maybe they can also post an actual photo of the grey stand. This is the one of interest for me. Their stock photos only show a CAD rendering.

Marine Depot

What are the actual display dimensions (excluding the rear compartment) of the 25g?

According to Innovative Marine, approximately 24” x 17” x 12”.

I called earlier today and spoke with Jack regarding LED setups for the 25g tank :) I am ready to order...

They posted via instagram comment "most likely next week". https://instagram.com/p/60Sv2ioyLI/

Maybe they can also post an actual photo of the grey stand. This is the one of interest for me. Their stock photos only show a CAD rendering.

We are checking with IM to see if they have a real photograph of the grey stand or if they can supply us one when the tanks come in.

Marine Depot

Just received a response from Innovative Marine.

"We are currently working on getting images of the grey stand out to you guys. I will send what I have over once I have the chance."

:)

Anyone know of any good stands that could support the 25g? It's difficult finding one that fits the 24x17in footprint

You might have to get a custom one.

Anyone know of any good stands that could support the 25g? It's difficult finding one that fits the 24x17in footprint

Make one you won't regret it.

That's how IM makes their money. Make a tank that won't fit an existing stand, and then sell a pressboard stand for $300+.

nanoreefer15

That's how IM makes their money. Make a tank that won't fit an existing stand, and then sell a pressboard stand for $300+.

Make one you won't regret it.

You might have to get a custom one.

That sucks :(. And I've never built a stand before so I have no idea how lol

That sucks :(. And I've never built a stand before so I have no idea how lol

Youtube plus searching on the fourms you will become a pro!

Any news on these 2 answers?

Any news on these 2 answers?

The 50 gallon tanks are dropped shipped from Innovative Marine and all colors are now orderable on our website. IM tells us we'll be getting 24 of the 25 gallon Lagoon tanks and that they should arrive here today. If that is indeed the case, we may begin fulfilling orders for the smaller size later this afternoon or tomorrow. But first they have to get here!

I was ready to buy a hydra 26 or a kessil a360aw to pair with one of these 25g tanks but am now wondering whether an ai prime would suffice? I am not sps crazy but am concerned with shadowing as this is only 12" deep and i can only use a tank mount. Thoughts? I could always add a second one later ;)

The 50 gallon tanks are dropped shipped from Innovative Marine and all colors are now orderable on our website. IM tells us we'll be getting 24 of the 25 gallon Lagoon tanks and that they should arrive here today. If that is indeed the case, we may begin fulfilling orders for the smaller size later this afternoon or tomorrow. But first they have to get here!

Dang I am tempted now on a 25......

We have the 25 gallon Fusion Lagoon tanks in stock now. Order before 6 pm EST and we'll ship your new tank today! :naughtydance:

I was ready to buy a hydra 26 or a kessil a360aw to pair with one of these 25g tanks but am now wondering whether an ai prime would suffice? I am not sps crazy but am concerned with shadowing as this is only 12" deep and i can only use a tank mount. Thoughts? I could always add a second one later ;)

Hey Proudgeek. The AI Prime covers 20” x 20” x 20” pretty well, although the two sides will be dimmer. Being that the aquarium is only 12" deep, the coverage area gets even smaller... so you would need 2 AI Prime fixtures to provide "good" coverage throughout the tank.

Thanks for your response. I guess the same can be said with any other light with published specs of 24" coverage or less... xr15w pro included. The hydra 26 would be a better choice but the light orientation with their tank mount will create shadowing on the ends. Thoughts?

Maybe i need to consider a nanobox duo or even a current orbit marine pro as those may also provide better coverage.

What would be your equipment choice for simple, sleek, cost effective LED coverage for the 25g?

Archived