Pod Your Reef

9 Gallon Nano, up and running/build

JoeGnallPA

When it was healthy, before my mini crash, yes. but they were well away from reaching any other coral, and kept it fed, so they didn't really extend to far.. maybe 2 inches at most. Then it got sick, with the crash, receded, and started to develop STN... relocated, a few dips in revive a few days apart. tissue growth coming back, starting to recover, and spread over the skeleton again... All in all I have to say, I'm not doing too bad for being 100% noob, and tackling a nano reef of this size for my first attempt.

Here's a recent update and FT shot. Got my Nano Box light Tide Plus M.

Also went to a frag swap. went with 2, came back with 6. 3 new zoa frags, a purple plating sponge, a hammer, and an acan.

DSCN0065.jpg

Messing around with the new camera my girlfriend surprised me with.. Still haven't got the hang of it.

Here's a attempt at a macro shot of my acan.

DSCN0060.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Well been busy busy here. Figured drop by and say hello and drop a new FT shot for you all. Tank is doing great!DSCN0020.jpg

And this created a monster, and I have to say.. I have the best girlfriend in the world....

My new tank!!! 50G breeder, and a 17.5 gallon sump.

DSCN0021.jpg

I have found about half a dozen brittle stars, 2 feather dusters, some form of a ric, or bounce mushroom, there's some fuzzy mushrooms, leathers, a neon green sponge looking thing, yellow sponge looking thing, some zoas/pallys and of course a gorgeous RBTA dead center.....

The new year started great for me. Hope all finds you all well and in good health!

i have at least 6 brittle star fish in my 8g. i love them so much!

and congrats on the larger tank! was that a christmas gift from gf???

Archived