ReefCleaners.org

custom sealife powerquad retrofit (1x96W)??

Bonster

Does anyone know anything about this product? Found it at Big Al's. I really wanted the HelloLights but not available in Canada. I am lighting a 29 gal and would like to have some corals. Would this do the trick? Thanks, lighting totally confuses me.

Man i hope someone that has this light or knows something about it replies. I too am going to be buying this soon and would like to see some pics of it on a tank already.

Had one, but not anymore... it is a nice light, nice and bright. You could put more over a 29 though, the light is only like 18" long and if memory serves me, a 29 gallon is 30" wide? You may wanna think about a couple of 65 watters if you're going with PC's. Oh, and this may be just a matter of personal choice, but the 96 has only one ballast, no "dawn to dusk" effect... light is either ON or OFF... just a thought.

NaNO, that would be a great light on a 10... is what I had mine on and it worked out great for me, I just wanted my actinics and daylights to run seperately... again,just personal preference.

It is a nice compact deal. It would work on a 10 no problem if it was hung slightly. It could heat up the water too much if it was allowed to close.

The only problem with the setup is that the socket is the same one they use on all the PC....it can become brittle and loosen from the glass tubes. I've seen it happen once or twice and tends to be related to moisture getting to the bulb.

I think a 29 is 30" also and a 2x55(65) kit would be much better for that than the 18" 96w powerquad. You can also get the 2x55(65) in a independant control for some "dawn to dusk" effect.

Cameron

I contacted Aquariumpros but I didn't get a response. I think I have decided to go with the 23" 2x55 retro from J&L aquatics. Even with shipping it works out a couple of bucks cheaper than the 1x96 from big al's. What do you think??

Archived