Coral Vue Hydros

remember Lunchbucket

Lunchbucket

just thought i would let you all know i am going under the knife tomorrow (friday the 30th) to have my knee scoped. they aren't planning on doing more but they won't know till they get in there.

just hoped somepeople would keep me in their thoughts and prayers.

thanks everyone for being like a big family

Lunchbucket

yeah same day thing.

no too worried it will be better than ACL reconstruction like last summer. and as long as i don't get infection for 7wks and loose 20lbs like last time i will be happy ;)

Lunchbucket

Good luck Lunch...

Just don't do what I did.....which was not fill the vicadin script until after the morphine wore off...

:)

Fill it on the way home, and make sure you have plenty of frozen peas to use as icepacks!

I've so far had 1 scope-surgery, one open knee, and the next will have to be a full-blown knee replacement

good luck! i did a quick cut myself in february on my neck. ;)

for an antiseptic, don't dose yourself with the iodine! :P post some pics! :x

hope it all goes well for ya lunch. i think i read somthing on your sight about you haveing to get surgery for a torn ACL before? am i right?

yeah i blew out my knee on July 24th 2001 and had ACL reconstruction on August 7th 2001. it sucked butt. wouldn't have been so bad but i had the infection and lost weight....really wasn't fun.

i didn't have vicadin i had percocet...good stuff too!!! when i started to get the infection i had such bad pain i could only sit and shake and cry!! it was so terrible. i took 2 percocet every 2 hrs and it didn't help just made me not care so much....it sucked!! and i have a high pain tollerence too...i only took 9 hits of the moriphine in my autodoser at the hospital!!

this will be my 2nd surgery. 1 open acl surgery and this 1 scope. someday i am sure i will have a total knee too.

packs of PEAS!! man that sucks. i had a cooler w/ a pump in it hooked to a pad that reciculated cold water to my knee. was very nice. no melting, no refreezing...was awesome!!

well, i am off to hang out w/ buddies.

will let you know how it goes

Lunchbucket

wow, they actually gave you one of those to go home? Man, I was out of the hospital 3 hours after the surgery..hense the peas.....

Take care and take your drugs...:)

Don't worry bro, modern medicine has come a long way. My pops had a quad bybass last week and he spent a total of 5 days in the hospital. That was not a pleasant experience...

...Anyways, do you still have that contraption that circulated cold water to your knee? You can use it as a chiller and keep Catalina Gobies!

Well, hope your back soon.

I used to have my knee drained every three days with needles. I had a lot of liquid buildup after I was assaulted and my knee looked like a soccer ball if I didn't drain it every few days. Putting anything in your knee sucks man, good luck!

Good luck dude, I was in hospital at the start of January for 5 days for leg op.

They thought I had cancer...that was scary...but thankfully it was not cancer and I am fine now.

So, at the time of writing, you are most likely having the op. Good luck, god bless. Hope to have you back here very soon. :)

You'll do fine, Lunch. Been there, done that on both knees.

Someone mentioned Vicodin earlier. Gotta have it. Don't try to be a man and tough it out. Pain sucks.

If it's available, be sure to go through the physical therapy afterwards - you'll get your muscles & range of motion back much more quickly.

Good luck,

Ross

Originally posted by Lunchbucket

when i started to get the (insert ESPI here) infection i had such bad pain i could only sit and shake and cry!!  it was so terrible.  i took 2 percocet every 2 hrs and it didn't help just made me not care so much....it sucked!!  and i have a high pain tollerence too...i only took 9 hits of the moriphine in my.....Lunchbucket

I have the same impact at times..LOL Best of luck...... Hope ya get a hottie fer yer spongebath and not a whaler.:D

In the event of ya not recovering, can I lay claim to yer teeth? you have such a nice smile........:P ttyl.

well, all is done!! yippie.

really the pain is nothing!! only took a shot as soon as i woke up in the recovery room and 2x500mg of regular tylenol. i didn't even have my tylenol 3 w/ codeen prescrip filled...don't need it and they make me feel high/drunk...i hate that.

well, he went in to shave off the part sticking up (that didn't heal w/ the 3 meniscus stitches from last summer) and 1/3 of my medial cartilage tore off. not his fault just wasn't attached prolly from the constant catching that i had w/ it. so lunch is short 1/3 of his cartilage.

other than that feels good, not much pain. can't weight bear for the weekend (dr orders, i can be he said not to). have exercises to do ...fun fun....same stuff as last summer but i will be back real fast i bet. he said i shouldn't have any problems till i am in my 50's but we will see i guess.

well gotta go get the leg up.

thanks everyone!!

Lunchbucket

p.s. my teeth?? umm ok

there is a time and a place for being high/drunk...and now isn't it. if i am gonna be feeling that way it better be for a reason..IE i drank or something else. just don't like feeling dumb out of control when i am hurt and not in the mood.

exercises SUCK by the way....oh well it iwll come back fast

later, might be in chat tonight ;)

Lunchbucket

Archived