inTank Media Baskets

ATI retro - bulb choices?

Jiinx

Hey everyone,

I have this beautiful fixture over my dream cube - the only downside is that I have to have the four bulbs on at the same time. So Dave gave me a brilliant suggestion to use my LEDS as my "blues" and have the bulbs work as my burst period. My question, even though it may seem like a silly question, is what should I use as my bulb combinatons? Should I include a purple?

Thanks,
Sarah

SpankythePyro

for 8 bulb I'm going

4 Blue+

2 True Actinic

1 C+

1 P+

for 4 bulb I'd go with either Mike's suggestion or 3 Blue+ and 1 C+

masterbuilder

If you are going to use the T5 as your "burst" period then 2 Blue+ and 2 Coral+. Alone they are about 14k look. I dont see any reason to add more blue/purple/actinic/etc. than that if this is how you plan to use them.....that can be done with your LEDs.

EDIT: Dont bother with Aquablue's unless you want to wash out any color you might have. My 2 cents.

A bunch of good selections above. I would go with Blue +, Purple + and Coral +. Each there own and hope that helps Sarah!

-Dave

12_egg_Omelette

I have to say that Dave makes a very drool worthy hybrid, by far my favorite that I've seen and I prefer it to the ATI hybrid.

Violet spectrum on nanobox pucks is not very strong. You have plenty of blue spectrum so why add more. Supplement what you don't have enough of which is violet range and white.

perfect. I'll go with one blue, two kz and a purple...

I'm keeping a lot of sps..what time does everyone turn their leds on and off at? And how long should the t5 burst last for?

:)

sarah

Archived