Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

really need some help

tetraodon

Find an STC-1000 on ebay or aliexpress. Dirt cheap and do a great job of temp control, that'll help massively.

Your bio pearls may not be doing much if your nitrate and phosphate are way out of balance.

I had a fairly high nitrate issue until I did a deep clean of my sump and moved a few things around to help keep things cleaner in there, added a filter sock on the main return. This did sort out my nitrates, however left me with a massive phosphate problem that then stalled my SPS growth and started to bleach a few out (the LPS were completely unaffected though). With in 2 weeks of running some Phos80 (a GFO type media) the SPS coloured right back up and growth has taken off.

No one seems to have touched on lighting? Have you upgraded your fixture to go with the bigger tank? You haven't turned up or increased the intensity with a new unit to suddenly with out first acclimating the coral?

thats what i was thinking and i relised that i was adding a whole lot of frozen food and phyto and zoo. on this tank i have 2 reefbreeder value fixtures. i havent touched the settings in 5 months.

Right, are any of your corals that are failing deeper than they had been in your last tank (more water between them and the light)? Could be you need to up the brightness of your lighting.

But more likely it's the dirty water (phosphate) that's causing you issues.

They are at the same depth, I can bump up the intensity but ive had the same intensity before this problem, my only surviving acro was colorinf up nicely so im thinkinf the light is fine

Excellent that mean we can rule lighting out. So that's good, don't mess with it.

Have you had your LFS test your water? What's your current NO3 and PO4 levels, also mag, cal and alk could all be issues if they are out of balance or swinging wildly.

Archived