inTank Media Baskets

looking for LFS in Orange County

J-Bass

Anyone know of any good saltwater fish stores in Orange County, California? Preferably in Costa Mesa, Santa Ana, or Huntington Beach areas. I've heard of Black Coral in Santa Ana. Has anyone been there? Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thanks.

J-Bass,

I am in Lake Forest (South County) and PetTown (El Toro Rd.) is very close to me. Probably around 30min from HB. They have great livestock in my opinon, and their prices aren't too shabby. Sometimes they have great deals on tank raised frags. I will have to photo op this store one day since they have no website.

I have never been to Black Coral, but I have heard they have good prices since they are a wholesale outlet, and they have been recommended to me as well. I believe it costs something like 15$ to become a member so that you can purchase from there, but I hear you get a tshirt with membership.

Went to Jeff's exotic fish last weekend for the first time. They are in the north Long Beach area which is somewhat of a drive, but I would say that Jeff's is something to witness at least once in your life. It is not really like any other store I have been to. Large open bins with corals in them, total warehouse facility. Exotic Fish.com

Marine Depot is in Anaheim. You can call them and place orders with them and then pick them up from their warehouse by Edison Field. Don't have to pay shipping that way! Marine Depot

Fish2000 in Tustin has decent prices on dry goods, but I haven't heard good things about their livestock. (cramped specimens etc)

Sorry I am not more familiar with the LFSs in North County.

Good luck on your quest,

Gil

I got a few places for you to try.

Strictly Fish in Orange: Great selection prices a little high, but you get good quality.

Fish Collection in Placentia: Great prices and great selection. Really friendly owner

I can't remember the name, but there's a store on chapman (orange) near main in santa ana.

Have you ever thought about joining a fish club:) check us out at

www.scmas.com We meet in Santa Ana right off the 5 freeway.

Archived