ReefCleaners.org

my 2.5 gallon

ninhsavestheday

ninhsavestheday

this is my 2.5 gallon! :P

it has some green star polyps, a cabbage letter and frogspawns. plus a clown, yellow watchman goby and a pistol shrimp!

3gEclipseGuy

Whoa. 3 fish in a 2.5g? I was worried about putting one in a 3g. Do you plan on keeping all the fish in there? I'm planning on either a goby or blenny in mine. Someone said that a clown would outgrow my tank too fast.

besides being way to large of a bioload, the pistol and goby pair need a substrate to dig into in order to feel secure. you might want to take some stuff back to your lfs.

Have you done any tests on your system for Nitrates, Ammonia, etc? I can't say that they will absolutely die, but your tank inhabitants are definitely stressed. What lighting do you have over this tank?

3gEclipseGuy

There's no sand?? Wow. I didn't see that. Yeah. The goby sifts the sands for food. They'll need that. Otherwise you'll feed more and then really mix up the water quality. From what I've read in all the posts is that your maintenance is going to be a lot to compensate for the two fish in a small tank. The goby can get to about 2.5 inches and same for the clown I think. Which will be alot of space in a 2.5 gallon tank. I guess it's possible but maybe difficult. Good luck.

I'd say the sand would definitely be a good idea--deep enough for the shrimp and goby to make a burrow. Otherwise, it should work. I don't see 3 fish--only 2. And they should be fine...clownfish will eventually outgrow the tank, but not horribly fast, and the goby and shrimp are just fine. As long as you keep an eye on your parameters, you should be fine. If your ammonia gets above 0 and won't go down no matter what, you've overloaded. The sand should help...it's a biofilter along w/ the live rock. Good luck!

ninhsavestheday

lol... JMT you know me to well :P let that be a lesson for all you. 2 fish a shrimp goby and no substrate in a 2g is a no no! :)

Archived