Coral Vue Hydros

20x20x12 rimless LIG build....yep another one.

CrazyEyes

I've been working crazy hours the past week so really haven't much time to work on anything, only thing I did was sand the inside with 220 then 400 grit because I wasn't happy with the finish. Also got door 100% done, got the latches installed, got the top cut and fastened to the stand. Next weekend I'll be laminating the outside and finish painting the inside of the electrical compartment.IMG_20150809_214559086_zpslseczrqr.jpg

Hoooooooly f********ck contact cement is strong, as in the fumes. I've never used it before and it took me by surprise.

I recently had heatsinks arrive also...just waiting on the LEDs now... Are you going a single 120mm fan per heatsink? Or are you going to put the heatsinks in an enclosure and actively cool the enclosure?

I'm not sure yet. Waiting to hear back on a price to get the fins milled down. Also brought the stand home and got it cleaned up a bit. IMG_20150821_174658442_zpslubtfuep.jpg. IMG_20150821_180253247_zps0eamq5di.jpg. IMG_20150821_180304161_zpslj8itan9.jpg

It's cool to think that not too long ago this thing was just a sheet of acrylic, wood or laminate waiting to be cut up and made into something. I'm very happy with how this is coming out so far.

bTMgfpV.jpg

SPnJU8c.jpg

You are knocking this build out of the PARK! Following for SURE!

Thanks man! I'm definitely stoked about it. So I got bored at work, decided to mock up the tank on the stand to see how it looks, and it f*cking looks awesome.

ItAqrHH.jpg

8vwcnnD.jpg

4qRUH8P.jpg

CKwrbPM.jpg

oP2DJN4.jpg

I also just noticed the glass place cut the front panel a tad too short so I need to see if they can shave the back and sides down a bit, I know I could put the shorter piece in the back but I think itd still bug me

This is turning out very awesome!

Thank you very much.

Are you thinking internal or external overflow with this one?

Thinking a mix of both, like ghost type overflow.

awesome build! loving your DIYs :)

Thank you.

• 3 weeks later...

Not really much of an update, I still need to take the glass to the glass shop and have it trimmed down a bit so it will fit on the stand. I picked up a used rodi over the weekend, but it looked like one of those cars you see up north, bracket was rusting and paint was chipping off. I had some paint stripper, a wire wheel, sand paper so I figured Id try to save it before spending $30 on a new bracket (that's with shipping). I think it came out nice. Here is my tiny little rodi next to my friend's 10 stage city water treatment plant.

IMG_20150915_235618110_zpsauypkvcc.jpg

IMG_20150915_235731857_zpsbxfdygmd.jpg

No its one system. 30ish mircon prefilter, then into 3 sediment filters, it then goes through a booster pump up to 105psi, then Ys off into the Ro membranes ( Ro membranes are being ran in parallel), then through 2 stages of di resin.

I bought the rodi for $40, it was a 4 stage with two added on canisters for di, so I sold him the spare canisters, so Ive only got like $20 into this thing so far. I'm good with a simple 4 stage rodi.

Archived