Top Shelf Aquatics

clown flase percula

djdan203

when they get kinda plae and breath really hard what does that mean? Do they get stressed over no anemone. I have had my clown since ive had the tank and all the sudden he is getting sick looking. I have sps corals, and some other corals that are not very hardy as well as an orange spot prawn goby and pistol shrimp. All the parameters are ok , the PH was at 7.9, so i did a 2 gallon water change(i have a 10 gallon) what could be wrong with him. I got him a green bbble tip but he has not found it(it hides under macroalgae..(the bta)) any information would be great.

false percula like a ph of 8.3 - 8.4. I would keep the ph a little higher at leasts 8.3 being the lowest. They don't need an anemone to survive, but they will be happier with one. If no anemone is present they will need a place to hide like a cave of some sort. Also with this type of clown they are very susceptible to white spot and other parasites. I would pay close attention to his behavior and his over all apperence.

7.9 PH is way too low....try to get it up..... as wat reefer21 has said it does not necessary need a anemone. Mine doesnt even go near my anemone.......

Archived