Top Shelf Aquatics

Blinking Blue Light?

Neer

I just got my Nano Box Duo, and I'm super excited to get it working! So far though, I havent been able to get it to turn on. I've been playing with it for hours and the only results I can get is a blinking blue light on the light itself. Also the power adapter brick has a corresponding blinking blue light.

I've set up my Bluefish controller, step by step, and it seems to get a bit of a response from the light. When i play with the Free Mode, the blue light blinks faster or slower.

Any ideas on what could be the issue?

Oh and also it seems to have been packaged while the paint was still wet, leaving bubble wrap impressions all over the paint. But that's a separate issue that I can maybe live with if I can just get it working.

-Neer

Uk6w9iL.jpg

This is the blinking blue light. It's possible i dont have it connected right to the bluefish. I just have the 2 ends from the Nano Box being plugged into CH 1/2 and CH 3/4.

jedimasterben

Snap a pic of the connection. What you're showing right now is the moonlight channel (if you got that upgrade). It looks like you may just have it on the wrong pins. :)

jedimasterben

OHHHH, it's a full bluefish, not a mini. Hmm. So when you're in free mode the only thing that changes is the single blinking light? It sounds like there is a ground connection missing. Won't be able to know that without opening the driver box up. I'd shoot Dave an email beforehand. david@nanoboxreef.com

OHHHH, it's a full bluefish, not a mini. Hmm. So when you're in free mode the only thing that changes is the single blinking light? It sounds like there is a ground connection missing. Won't be able to know that without opening the driver box up. I'd shoot Dave an email beforehand. david@nanoboxreef.com

Sent Dave an email this morning, but I know hes a busy guy, so I was trying to find the answers here if I could. ;)

Thanks for the help though Ben!

LebaneseDlight

I had similar blinking blue light issue with my nano box duo. I had purchased it used. It turned out to be a busted AC adaptor (the main one to the light). I had an LED TV with the same adaptor at home, hence was able to fix it immediately. Dave did promptly send me a replacement (even though it was a second hand light).

I just got my Nano Box Duo, and I'm super excited to get it working! So far though, I havent been able to get it to turn on. I've been playing with it for hours and the only results I can get is a blinking blue light on the light itself. Also the power adapter brick has a corresponding blinking blue light.

I've set up my Bluefish controller, step by step, and it seems to get a bit of a response from the light. When i play with the Free Mode, the blue light blinks faster or slower.

Any ideas on what could be the issue?

Oh and also it seems to have been packaged while the paint was still wet, leaving bubble wrap impressions all over the paint. But that's a separate issue that I can maybe live with if I can just get it working.

-Neer

Is this Matts old one we just sent back after upgrades?

Can you check a couple things?

• Make sure power connector is correct. 48v has blue light and is in power plug?
  • 9v is not plugged into LED power
  • Bluefish controller is using the 12v power

Just sent this in an email too.

Is this Matts old one we just sent back after upgrades?

Can you check a couple things?

• Make sure power connector is correct. 48v has blue light and is in power plug?
  • 9v is not plugged into LED power
  • Bluefish controller is using the 12v power
Just sent this in an email too.

Yes, this is Matts that he sent in for a repair. I was buying it from him afterwards.

Im pretty certain everything is set up correctly. Matt had everything labled. The 48v does have a dim blinking blue light which corresponds to the blinking of the blue light on the main part. They blink at the same rates.

I had similar blinking blue light issue with my nano box duo. I had purchased it used. It turned out to be a busted AC adaptor (the main one to the light). I had an LED TV with the same adaptor at home, hence was able to fix it immediately. Dave did promptly send me a replacement (even though it was a second hand light).

I suspected this might be the case. I may go out today to see if i can buy a replacement to test it.

Archived