Top Shelf Aquatics

sps in my tank?

crollison

I have a 8g cube with 36w of PC lights. Could I put any kind of sps in my tank? I have a high spot on my in my tank about 2in from the surface, could I put any there? From what some people have said; I think it is possible but they will grow slowly. Also could I try a low light clam or would that be pushing my luck on lighting?

With your lighting you could probably keep a montipora digitata(probably brownX) ). Maybe even other types of monti's or a hydnophora. But you have to remember. There are other things you need to keep sps. You have to have great water quality. Your calcium and alkilinity should be high. You have to have a good amount of flow. As far as clams. MAYBE you could keep a squamosa. People keep them with that lighting but like sps there are other things you need for them. You need all the things I mentioned for sps except high flow. You also need to feed phytoplankton every other day especially with your lighting. You might not need to feed exactly what I told you but something like that.

Archived