ReefCleaners.org

Question about medication

sandeelin

i have a bottle of Rid-Ich from at least 3 years ago. Will it still work?

I plan to use it with a QT.

Can i treat new ocellaris clown with it even if it doesn't show white spots? (I haven't bought it yet.) I want to prevent ich from going into my nano again.

quarantine the new fish for 3-4 weeks if it starts to show ich, treat it. if it doesnt show ich leave it be. dont treat a fish without a positive diagnosis as it is just added stress to the fish.

You may want to have the LFS that your shopping at fresh water dip the fish before you purchase it for about 45 seconds. This method will ensure that any parasites that have not adhered to the fish, normally most fish do come with parasites, will explode inside of the freshwater and will also demonstrate if you are indeed purchasing a hardy fish. Try to wait at least 5 minutes after the dip before purchasing the fish just to make sure the fish isnt weakened severly.

i would advise not FW dipping the fish at the LFS, it may not be done right and why increase the stress to the fish. with proper quarantine procedure you may not need the dip and you will greatly reduce the chances of not introducing ailing fish to the display aquarium. FW dips have their place but they dont fix everything that can go wrong with a fish and could offer a false sense of security.

Archived