Coral Vue Hydros

JimmyDang's Fusion 20

JimmyDang

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great shots, the colours look so intense, the scolly looks amazing.

cheers bud! would be sweet if i had a camera but.. its just taken with my galaxy S6 which does shoot surprisingly clear photos.

Looks great! One of the nicest nuvo 20's I've seen

Thank you for the kind feedback. :D

cheers bud! would be sweet if i had a camera but.. its just taken with my galaxy S6 which does shoot surprisingly clear photos.

Pretty good for a phone camera!

Alittle Update; Sad & Good News :/

1. My male royal gramma coppped white spot and died, I dont know why he copped white spot.. but it wasn't fun scooping him out.. He always infected my bi colour blenny.. and the rest of my fish seem to be fine. All were eating everyday without fault.

2. My tuxedo collector urchin that I added in a month ago at about half a cm small.. has grown to about the size of a golfball.. I didn't know these guys grew that fast.. and hes a little annoying.. moving some corals around.. (might get rid off him).

3. I've added a nice thin sand bed.. accentuating on the thin, its purely for aesthetics.. as they dont serve much benefit unless I ran a dsb and in a tank of this size.. it would be rendered more tedious to maintain then benefit me or the system.

4. Here are some photos.. please excuse the really badly washed out photos.. the kessil doesn't cooperate with my phones camera when I shift the unit to more blue.. it just goes all crappy.. unless its close up photos..

uut10xF.jpg

m7uoQi4.jpg

Peace. B)

• 4 weeks later...

Just a small update... Added a silver gorganian and basically my tank copped white spot.. so long story short.. nearly all my fish died besides the naked clownfish and decora and the female carpenters wrasse which all werent affected. Oddly..

vOFLL3T.jpg

fwm97UM.jpg

6tgK9f5.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

PRETTY BIG UPDATE! ITS BEEN A WHILE AND ITS A NEW YEAR! :D

Firstly, I like to say a happy new year to the nano reefing community. Hope all you guys are all in good health and your reef systems!

So to start off my update.. the tanks gone a different direction and I've still got alot more things I've gotta do for the system. The major changes are.. I've sold my maxima clam, gotten a nice big green gigantea anemone to replace my previous smaller one and cleaned up alot if not all the knickknack corals on the bottom. Ive also removed alot of sand as it really didnt serve a purpose other than trapping detritus and nutrients even in a highflow system.

The fts taken about a month ago.. this was taken about 10 minutes after a rescape and sand removal.. so mind the clutterness of the tank.. but you sorta get the idea of how the tanks looking. (sorry abit lazy to take a new photo!)

hmLq1mh.jpg

A nice photo of my favorite lps coral thats in my tank.. the only euphyllia.

DuDvkE8.jpg

This is the different approach I was taking. A step back from "cool" and "ultra" corals and focus on the a contrast and growth aspect which i find more important for a reef.. the colour and aesthetic appeal of basic corals once they've grown out and covered an entire rock is what im trying to achieve here. I got my hands on a piece of rock.. with one blue bumpy moprh.. a red and green.

3XIvL5z.jpg

Here is a photo of my female naked occellaris clownish in her new home.

xwvXtcn.jpg

I added a pair of one my cheap but favourite fish.. A firegoby pair.. but sadly.. one died within 2 days as it got harrassed by my decora goby and my gigantea anemone probably cleaned it up..

RMjSxAr.jpg

ENJOY GUYS! ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I don't post much here.. but I've been in the process of redoing my entire tank from scratch.. Instead of typing up an essay.. Ill let the pictures do the talking. :)

Current Front Tank Shot: 01/02/2016

IyC3J5D.jpg

21/01/2016

neHfxjL.jpg

23/01/2016

ZfoSFNH.jpg

26//01/2016

f7Mp6iC.jpg

Dang looks good but you are changing the tank features like underwear lately :lol: and now back to sand? But at least I saw a couple of plates ;)

Archived