Coral Vue Hydros

Dying fan on mini tide?

Plantedbliss

Plantedbliss

Hey Dave I was wondering if there was a write up on how to dismantle your mini tide? My fan seems to be making an unusual noise almost like it about to die? I can upload a video if you'd like to hear the noise coming from the unit. I almost think maybe its got some dust bunnies in there causing issues. Also I was browsing your forums and couldnt find a write up on how to put together the bluefish mini case that came with the mini tides that werent put together. Im horrible and putting stuff together without instructions. lol

Plantedbliss

Dropped you an email back. Will send a new one out tomorrow!

-Dave

And this is why I purchased my light from Dave! :) You rock man!

Picture of your unit? If it's one that doesn't have screwed in caps should be as simple as taking a butter knife and CAREFULLY skipping it between the call and main body and twisting.

I briefly touch on this in my upgrade write up.

http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/360335-upgrading-nanobox-mini-tide-write-up/#entry5011271

It's the newer unit with no end cap screws, im scared of breaking something lol. I will give it a shot after work.

This recently happened to me and Dave was awesome and quickly sent me a new fan. It is quite easy to replace actually. You will also have to take off the clear splash guard covering the LEDs. Hat holds the entire array together to the heat sink which the fan is also connected. After that, you can slide out the heat sink while carefully pulling the cords through the gooseneck. Get some wire heat shrink and you are golden.

I was pretty nervous to mess with the light as well, but now it's running smoothly agin?

Archived