Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

SuperNova SmartLite Retro?

miked1974

Hello All,

I am new to this forum, but I was just wondering is the SuperNova 32W Smartlite Retorfit kit by Custom Sealife, the same as the 32W Smartlite Retrofit kit? A LFS in my area has a 6 Gallon eclipse reef set up for sale, but I know I can put the pieces together for much cheaper if I buy on-line. Does anyone know where I can get the above retrofit kit? I greatly appreciate any help anyone can provide.

Thanks,

Mike

Christopher Marks

The SuperNova kit is essentially the same as the SmartLite Retro, however, the SuperNova has a rubber, moisture resistant endcap on it, which is essential to have if the light is going to be over open water, like in an eclipse 6 or 12 system.

Do you know where, on-line I can purchase that particular kit? I have only seen the Smartlite kit and it doesn't say anything about SuperNova.

Thanks for the help,

Mike

Christopher Marks

Nano Reef Aquaria was recently closed. Take a look at www.nanoreefaquaria.com

Mike, I used to sell the supernova at Nano Reef Aquaria...but since closing I don't have any left in stock. I believe petwarehouse has them for sale...though I couldn't find it on their site, I remember seeing it in their catalog.

Chris,

Thanks for your help! I know you used to sell it, but it looks like I am about a month late! Took a while to convince my wife to let me get a small tank, since she wouldn't let me go bigger than my 55 gallon. Drs. Foster and SMith have the SmartLite but it doesn't say anything about the rubber end cap and the picture doesn't look like it has it. I can't find them anywhere on-line, but I will keep trying, cuz I know i can find it cheaper than what the LFS is selling it for.

Thanks again

Mike

harbingerofthefish

I haven't seen the Supernovas either, only the Smartlites. Flying Fish does have all there CSL stuff marked down though. $40 for the kit, $20 for the bulbs.

Originally posted by harbingerofthefish

I haven't seen the Supernovas either, only the Smartlites.  Flying Fish does have all there CSL stuff marked down though.  $40  for the kit, $20 for the bulbs.

Just ordered their 64watt (2x32w) retrofit kit. :)

Christopher Marks

I would imagine that any place that sells CSL products could atleast special order one for you. marineandreef.com uses a supplier that I did, so I know they could get it for you.

Originally posted by chufa

I ordered my supernova 32W retro for my 12 gallon eclpise from Yahoo! shopping (sub-vendor is afishybusiness.com)

How much were they chufa?

Hey Chris, is there any way you could just sell SuperNova retrofit kits on this site...? There seems to be a lot of interests in these kits and you were selling them cheaper then anyone else on the web...

Christopher Marks

Well...I might be able to for just a few...

Post here if you're interested...My going price was $63.90 including shipping. Then I guess I could have some sent from my old supplier if enough people need them.

Archived