inTank Media Baskets

Fusion Chamber #2 Basket?

charnelhouse

charnelhouse

Stevie,

I bought one of your Fusion 40 baskets a few weeks ago. I only did the one because I'm using the Tunze 9004 and it has to go in one of the overflow (#1) chambers on this tank.

I was wondering last night what the feasibility of a second basket in the #2 chamber next to the skimmer would be. Mainly for filter floss since having the skimmer in the #1 kind of precludes any mechanical filtration there. Heavier stuff is accumulating in the bottom of chamber #2, but lighter debris just passes right back through to the return pump in my tank now.

Does the upflow make this problematic?

If you wanted to make a prototype and send it to me I'd be happy to test it for you :D:rolleyes:B)

post-85523-0-45208500-1434054641_thumb.jpg

Does the upflow make this problematic?

We've done upflow baskets in the past, they are not ideal though. They work best for chaeto but since you don't have much of a choice here it could be used for filter floss.

We don't have any plans for making anything specific as fuge baskets in these type of tanks never sell as well as what you see we already make. Most opt for equipment in those chambers.

That said, if you didn't want to make your own I have a few options that could work to hold floss and or even some media.

This would be the cheapest, it's isn't the tightest fit but for filter floss you'd fill in the gaps anyway.

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Innovative-Marine-24-Fuge-Basket-IM24FG.htm

This fits the best but would require cutting down of height. We could do this for you or you can do on your own

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Red-Sea-Max-Media-Basket-RSM3V20.htm

charnelhouse

Thanks for the response. If you don't think this would be a feasible production unit, what would a custom basket run me? Your stuff looks and functions way better than anything I could do at home ;).

I just switched to using poly pad (the blue and white stuff) so if you could design it so the pad is at the top of the chamber 2 overflow lip, with maybe some kind of lip in the basket to keep the pad in place, that would be peachy. Then maybe two other shelves, with the center one removeable in case I ever decide to put some cheato in there?

charnelhouse

Sorry but we do not offer custom work.

Ahh, boo. OK, I'll have to think about how I want to do this then. Thanks.

Archived