Coral Vue Hydros

My nano AIO adventure IM Fusion 10G Build Thread

JoeyReefFLL

JoeyReefFLL

Hi JoeyreefFLL, how's the jebao rw4 working in your tank?

I have it on the lowest setting (W1) at its lowest Speed (1). it work great! awesome flow and it is no longer creating sandstorms. I have setup at a slight upward angle. I have a closeup pic of the angle somewhere in here :)

Oh Noooo. For just a second there, I thought I saw pictorial evidence of AI Prime official "Dreaded Droop"

?? Dreaded Droop??

JoeyReefFLL

6/29/2015 Update:

Salinity at 1.025 and stable

Second water change done

Started adding some Purple up to the tank to see if I can bring that coraline algae to life again !

Added the 1st tenant to the tank !! A blue sapphire damselfish. LFS called it a "cycling" fish but its beautiful . NOW lets see if he does not kill my other additions lol

Pics below! This guy is VERY difficult to photograph so I appologize for the low quality.

IMG_20150628_165453.jpg

IMG_20150628_163917.jpg

IMG_20150628_163906.jpg

Hi JoeyreefFLL,

I bought rw-4 and it was indeed a very powerful device.

I positioned it so many ways and the current was still so strong even with the minimum setting.

So what I did was to deflect the current against the back of the tank to minimize the strenght, and I think it works great now. Just sharing. :)

post-88447-0-23592200-1435840277_thumb.jpg

JoeyReefFLL

Update 7/4/2015:

Tank is cycling nicely and its on its last stretch. that Damselfish really helped! I did another water change on Friday and added the custom caddy. The fitting was a little off so I added some padding at the back to push it towards the overflow. (water was not going through it.) Will add a cleanup crew and my first coral this week. Below are some pics of the tank's cycling and water tests.

Challenges:

- Need some advise on a CuC for a 10G tank

- I am not sure if the damselfish, though is touted as reef safe and non aggressive, will get territorial with my other planned addition of fish due to the space. ( I plan to add 2 clownfish or one clown and a goby).

- Recommend a hardy soft coral please? (No zooanthids for now please)

- The misty whiteness I still see in the water might have to do with precipitation of me using too much purple up or maybe my eyes are cloudy, lol. although the calcium was under 420ppm.

Photo updates:

Custom Caddy

IMG_20150702_180117.jpg

I changed the top part and added all poly filter. (Polyfilter,Purigen, Carbon)

IMG_20150702_183917.jpg

Added padding on the back of the caddy.

IMG_20150702_210237.jpg

Week 2 water test

IMG_20150704_235944.jpg

some shots of the rocks. is that green or brown??

IMG_20150705_153320.jpgIMG_20150705_153205.jpg

IMG_20150705_153150.jpg

IMG_20150705_153156.jpg

IMG_20150705_173818.jpg

Salinity 1.025

Calcium 420PPM

KH : 216ppm

looks like the start to the diatom bloom. completely normal in a new tank. i would not advise adding any coral to the tank until the diatoms fully bloom and die off.

if you don't have a clean up crew, now would be a good time to add one. cerith's, nassarius, turbo snails, limpets, pods, and hermit crabs are all decent clean up crew members.

also, damsel's can be extremely aggressive towards other species of fish, especially in such a small tank.

I would recommend turbo snails (make sure u glue down your corals in future, they are famous in knocking down corals), Nassarius snail (good for sand stirring), skunk shrimp (active and not shy), or fire shrimp (if you don't mind it keeps hiding). Tail spot blenny also good for keeping your algae in control and it's suitable for 10 gallon tank but my only concern is that your demsel will be too aggressive towards other fishes. Cheers.

JoeyReefFLL

thats mine too. my LFS guy sold it to me as the ultimate supreme species of non aggressive totally cool with other fishes damselfish (contrary to actual damselfish behavior lol) ... and im like ooookkkkk... BUT lets see what happens.

even if it isnt agressive, i can garutee the female clown from the pair will eventually bully everything else out of the tank (if you plan on getting the pair of clowns)

JoeyReefFLL

That is interesting !. I honestly don't know what to do about clownfish (other than my wife and my 2 kids yelling "Where's Nemo" every day for the past month). Previously I either had only one on the tank or 2 ( as a pair introduced at the same time) but never getting a second clown after one has been in the tank for a while. and with my dear Demsel Washington on the tank my options are limited. don't know what to do !!! lol

JoeyReefFLL

CuC is here (50% of it):

-5 Astrea snails

-1 Emerald crab (Craby McCraberson)

-2 Peppermint Shrimp (Pepper and Mint,lol )

All i can say is that Demsel Washington is a very messy guy !! my tank stinks !! lol

I will get the hermits and nasarious as soon as my lfs restock !

I also added copepods !

IMG_20150706_162818.jpg

IMG_20150706_162823.jpg

IMG_20150706_165314.jpg

IMG_20150706_205206.jpg

IMG_20150706_165308.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived