Cultivated Reef

new fish

oflores

I have a 20g tank with a remora c protein skimmer. I have one maroon clown, and a royal gramma. I am thinking of adding a new fish to the tank. Any thoughts, ideas?

For a second I was thinking of adding a new maroon and hoping to have the pair. Probably a reall dumb idea. SOMEBODY HELP ME!

wow glad everyone jumped on this for you. as far as pairing up a marroon i've seen more success w/ those then anything else as far as pairing up afterwards, but i've also seen some horrible disasters. either make sure it is significantly smaller or larger. keep an eye. one or the other may go after the other one. usually happens before they settle down. but if it gets nasty its only gonna get worse. if you get the 2nd marroon, i'd recommend getting a goby of sorts or something along those lines.

newbiecarlz

how does the maroon and royal gramma get along? i want to get a maroon for my 12gal, and was trying to decide if/what other type of fish to put with it?

do they hassle each other much? and which did u add first? is the maroon bigger than the gramma?

thanks

I got the gramma first and then got the maroon clown approximately the same size as the gramma. The maroon is bigger now and for the most part leaves the gramma alone (unless it gets too close to the anenome).

I added a scooter blenny and they both seem to ignore him.

scooter blennys not gonna live too long.... just a peice of advice. unless you can get it to eat bloodworms or something w/ enriched brine(i.e. emerald entree), there requirements are similiar to those of a Manadarin. just to give you an idea.

Archived