SaltCritters.com

3 gallon nano

Pbalz18ka

Just started a new 3 gallon reef always have had large salt fish only tanks curious if three small soft corals too much for this small tank

Jackal_Knight

Which soft coral? You should be fine with what ever coral you put in it. If its a fast growing type you'll just have to keep it trimmed

Was going to stick with leather or polyps but a friend gave me a xanthy hand is what called it and was giving that a try cause it was free put an emerald and a very small clown with a 8 bulb led and a small power head

Sorry is a waving hand coral

Jackal_Knight

Sounds fine, but take the clown out, a 3 gallon is not recommend for fish, but a small goby would be a better option

• 3 weeks later...

Most soft corals should be good. As others mentioned I'd skip the clown, perhaps a watchman and pistol shrimp combo could be long lasting entertainment. As to coral make sure to stay away from the aggressive leather species as the close courtiers may not fair well for your other choices, but over all any soft coral should do. If it grows fast like xenia just trim and give away or sell.

I have a 3 gal pico and a green clown goby. He is quite the character, love him to bits. There is also the Yellow Clown Goby too. Just put one in though.

post-20908-0-99315000-1434566576_thumb.jpg

I have a 3 gal pico and a green clown goby. He is quite the character, love him to bits. There is also the Yellow Clown Goby too. Just put one in though.

I also have a green clown goby in my 3.7 gallon and they have plenty of character.

Archived