Innovative Marine Aquariums

two 70 watt metal halides?

defdawg03

hey guys i ordered a 70 watt 10000k mh for my 15 gallon via aqua. Im thinking of adding another 70 watt 20000k to the hood... do any of you guys run this set up or have pics? how do you think it would look and would it be good enough for corals? Lps's, maybe a clam, and some other softies?

xien2000corp

why not just save some money and buy a single 150 watt or 175 watt setup? the bulbs for 150's and 175's are cheaper than 70's also :) and to answer your question it should be more than enough to keep sps and clams. lps you could get away with only have pc so you might actually have too much light for them. make sure to acclimate all your livestock to the light slowly. :)

hth, steve

I just think it would look nice to have a 20000k and a 10000k mh combo.... i dont know maybe its not owrth it, anyone done this?

To see different color temp setups, check out www.cnidarianreef.com , the reefer there tested out about 20 different MH bulbs (250 watt). Just pick the one with the color you like the best. (There are tank shots of all the bulbs running over his SPS dominated reef, with and without actinics)

Cheers,

Fred

i have seen setups with 10 and 20k bulbs together and it looks awesome if you have the extra $ to do this you will not regret it

I was going to go with a (2) 70W (10K & a 20K) but because of yearly bulb replacement costs I went with (1) 150W 20W on my NanoCube. It's awesome!!

Im actually building a canopy for LampDr. 18G Via Aqua he's going to do the same 150W set up.

Archived