Top Shelf Aquatics

macro algae run amok

slackcub

You should be able to find one at an LFS, I do live in Florida but still, several of my LFS 's (haha) had them. Maybe call around before you pay a bunch for shipping. Just make sure you know what they look like so you know it's the right one. P

An LFS recently sold me a big ole Acan colony as a Blasto, pretty sure I got a good deal on that one ;)

brandon429

Cannigedda run at this tank its never enough after pics

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2082359

The number of times peroxide has beaten macro algae is fifty at least

Macros are obligate hitchhikers, nutrient independent, so when you kill them they can't get back in. Cyano conversely is not. Monerans are constantly getting in the tank and either expressing as a colony or not

The rest of the common invaders can easily be burnt out so that you have command over the tank, a known timeframe to correction, others before and after pics

Atrox I'm curious to know what links you have that show some macro tank cures

I agree any method has drawbacks but whats the chances based on those pics in that thread it will work as predicted

This macro is very weak to peroxide it responds fast, bryopsis isn't the same its much more resistant in structure and grow back. The weakest peroxide tolerant organisms I know are gha and any invasive macro except neomeris annulata.

Cannigedda run at this tank its never enough after pics

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2082359

The number of times peroxide has beaten macro algae is fifty at least

Macros are obligate hitchhikers, nutrient independent, so when you kill them they can't get back in. Cyano conversely is not. Monerans are constantly getting in the tank and either expressing as a colony or not

The rest of the common invaders can easily be burnt out so that you have command over the tank, a known timeframe to correction, others before and after pics

Atrox I'm curious to know what links you have that show some macro tank cures

I agree any method has drawbacks but whats the chances based on those pics in that thread it will work as predicted

This macro is very weak to peroxide it responds fast, bryopsis isn't the same its much more resistant in structure and grow back. The weakest peroxide tolerant organisms I know are gha and any invasive macro except neomeris annulata.

I want to avoid any chemicals. I'd rather live with the overgrowth than do peroxide.

Archived