Coral Vue Hydros

Mr. Microscope

Mr. Microscope

Hi there Dave,

Upgrading my lighting is definitely on my list of things to do. As a DIY'er, of course I'm interested in your V3 array. That got me thinking, "gee, I'd sure like to put that in one of your nice looking housings." Which lead me to further think, "hey, this guy's doing all the work. Maybe DIY'ers on a budget like me can lighten the load."

Have you given any thought to selling a DIY kit? V3 array/s, plus a housing, heatsink, fan, drivers, PS, etc.?

I imagine you'd probably sell a few. Might be a huge headache for you, maybe not. Just a thought.

I love seeing your work and updates here on N-R!

Wishing you all the best!

Mr. M

One problem I can see would be people trying to pass off one of the DIY kits as one of the ones made by Dave himself.

I almost asked him about awhile back. There is probably something he could add to his fixtures to prove it was built by him, perhaps something stamped on the housing of some sort.

Having done work on my own mini tide I can honestly say most diyers might find it challenging to work in the tiny space given for the talk at hand.

Makes me wonder how Dave manages sometimes given he's not a small person. Skinny as a rail maybe but not small.

Like VW said, it would lead to " Nano Box " units being sold that are not those. As well the tolerances are VERY tight. I highly recommend the uni-bodies from CNCREEF with V3 arrays.

-Dave

I've often looked at DIY stuff, and even thought about the CNC reef/NanoBox V3 combo, but for the price, I'll just let Dave do it for me, lol

jedimasterben

Having done work on my own mini tide I can honestly say most diyers might find it challenging to work in the tiny space given for the talk at hand.

Makes me wonder how Dave manages sometimes given he's not a small person. Skinny as a rail maybe but not small.

+1

it's difficult as shit! I'm one of the 'lucky few' that have gotten just the enclosures, and they are definitely a pain, especially adding in T5 and trying to wire it all together!

Archived