Coral Vue Hydros

Nano Box Comparison Chart : Stacking Against the Competitors

DaveFason

I totally did not understand the control system- sorry! I thought it was just a small screen attached to the fixture, like the AI controller. I will defiantly look into it more- what is the app called?

Thanks

You're probably confusing the Bluefish controller with the Storm Controller. Hybrid comes with the Bluefish Mini. More info here: http://www.nano-reef.com/topic/359122-nano-box-reef-going-wireless/
HarryPotter

Dave, PMd you. After reading about the controller, my reservations dissipated and I'm pretty much ready to go.

The Quad unit is cool, but I think the Hybrid unit will have less shadowing and beautiful coloration w. T-5s

• 4 weeks later...
KP_Reef_Tank

Hi Dave, I'm interested in upgrading my fixture, I have an rapidled onyx dimming with bluefish controller.

I'm considering the nanobox quad. Do I need to run the bluefish mini instead?

No. The Mini is just another option if you only want the lighting capabilities, and need something small. The regular Bluefish has the same functionality as far as lighting is concerned (save for better driver compatibility), but can be expanded later do do more than just lighting control once Spencer gets the appropriate modules up for sale.

KP_Reef_Tank

I'd love to be able to just swap fixtures out, but the quad looks like it has a specific kind of pin plug, where the orginal bluefish has 3 stereo-like plugs.

jedimasterben

I'd love to be able to just swap fixtures out, but the quad looks like it has a specific kind of pin plug, where the orginal bluefish has 3 stereo-like plugs.

The connections are whatever Dave makes them, all it is is just an electrical connection ;)

Steensj2004

When people say Nanobox is too expensive....

funny-cat-haters-gonna-hate-4815_zpsihgc

When was the last time the owner, operator, and head tech from Ecotech, Kessil, or AI personally communicated with you when you ordered a product? lol

Nanofreak79

I like nanobox, but he's not selling nearly as many units as some of the companies such as ecotech. he'll find it pretty difficult to send personal messages to every customer, jus sayin AI and Ecotech even coral vue have great CS.

He's missing some models of the maxspect razors?

Every time I get a little bit tipsy I end up on the Nano Box website and am a few clicks from ordering a black on black duo... I just can't afford to drop $450... Hmm, if I go to Greensboro and pick it up myself, do I get a discount??

Steensj2004

I like nanobox, but he's not selling nearly as many units as some of the companies such as ecotech. he'll find it pretty difficult to send personal messages to every customer, jus sayin AI and Ecotech even coral vue have great CS.

He's missing some models of the maxspect razors?

Great CS doesn't equal the SAME customer service..... And his arrays are, for the most part the best on the market outside DIY....

Nanofreak79

Like I said, I like nanobox, and Dave. I just have a different opinion on comparing the two.

I had the mini with two channel dimming, with a screw driver, that was early in his business. I had a phone conversation with him, and thought it was great service.

When was the last time the owner, operator, and head tech from Ecotech, Kessil, or AI personally communicated with you when you ordered a product? lol

As great as that is, I do hope for Dave that the business takes off to the point where he simply cannot do that himself all the time.

Nanofreak79

As great as that is, I do hope for Dave that the business takes off to the point where he simply cannot do that himself all the time.

This what I meant to say in my first post, I just made a long winded reply. Kudos axiomatic!

I just noticed this post... and see it was posted 2 days after placing my order. I will admit I too was confused by the online site on several items...

The one I wish I caught if I asked was the channels. Straight off the website...

"The QUAD offers up to four different channels of dimming to create the desired lighting for your aquarium."

Now... the way I read that and the rest of the page for the Quad is that they 4-channel control was included. No where else does it state that its 2-channel standard. Under control, it shows 2/3/4 channel, Storm, and Bluefish... which sounds like its all included.

"Custom colors, mounting and LED channels are available upon request."

This is listed in the description but I understood it as it can be customized to add more channels passed 4.

I already have my unit now and am a little disappointed for not asking the question, because I would of gladly paid $30 for the additional channels if I knew that it wasn't included.

That said, I don't have MY tank up and running but just comparing paper... NanoBox is one of the best bangs for the buck in the industry. Are there improvements that could be made? Sure, but that takes time. The product is proven and it has tremendous value.

HarryPotter

I just noticed this post... and see it was posted 2 days after placing my order. I will admit I too was confused by the online site on several items...

The one I wish I caught if I asked was the channels. Straight off the website...

"The QUAD offers up to four different channels of dimming to create the desired lighting for your aquarium."

Now... the way I read that and the rest of the page for the Quad is that they 4-channel control was included. No where else does it state that its 2-channel standard. Under control, it shows 2/3/4 channel, Storm, and Bluefish... which sounds like its all included.

This is listed in the description but I understood it as it can be customized to add more channels passed 4.

I already have my unit now and am a little disappointed for not asking the question, because I would of gladly paid $30 for the additional channels if I knew that it wasn't included.

That said, I don't have MY tank up and running but just comparing paper... NanoBox is one of the best bangs for the buck in the industry. Are there improvements that could be made? Sure, but that takes time. The product is proven and it has tremendous value.

Talk to Dave- he may be able to add on the channels quite easily

Sorry for the confusion. If you want to send back and upgrade I sure can.

Regardless I use a 2 channel set up on my personal tank. I think the more channels can get confusing for your average reefer.

Let me know!

-Dave

Archived