inTank Media Baskets

My 5.5 gallon, by [InuYasha]

[InuYasha]

I finally got some things for my own 5.5 gallon. Had the tank, got a Cascade 80 power filter, magfloat, blue background (I call myself the king of tapping on backgrounds, you can't tell the difference between it and a painted aquarium :D ), and a 25-gallon bag of Oceanic salt mix. Next week I am going to get eather a mini or micro jet powerhead, thermometer, live sand, and live rock.

Right now I am using a 36W pc for the light, but it sticks out on both sides, looks real goofy. I plan on keeping sps frags and a clam. I was thinking about eather a 70W metal halide or the 95W powerquad.

Hopfully by this weekend I will have some pictures taken.

the 96w PQ will stick out just as much if not more i have it on my 5.5 but it an "in-desk" so all u see is the tank. PLus i dont think its enough light JMO. go for a 150 mh or 175, youll be happy u did :)

Well, today I filled the tank with saltwater, some crushed coral (less then an inch) and picked some pieces of live rock from one of my other aquariums. Incidetally, I like the way the donner tank looks now better than before hand. I took a couple of small snails, and found 2 single mushrooms hiding in the back of the donner aquarium, so they now have a new home.

Hopfully by this weekend I will have a few pictures taken.

Naw, I was just messin. It is the name of a character from a anime series. Same dude as in the avatar and gif.

I am actually thinking about starting several pico reefs in the 3-3/4 gal range. There have been a few different inverts and such that I have always wanted to keep, but they eather didn't get along with one another, or didn't get along with anything.

I am going to use my 29 as a starter for nanos. Im going to fill the tank with zoos, muchrooms, macros, and other things like that so that they start growing. When I feel like starting a new pico, or like I didn't metion, start my own desk top reef business, I can just take frags from that tank and add them to the pico.

Archived