Cultivated Reef

Emerald..caught in the act!!!

GobyMan

Hmm, does this look like it could be bad for my formosa?? I didn't actually see his claws digging into the coral and I know my hermits like to climb it....but this is getting ridiculous...

I hope I don't have to try and catch this guy....

Advice/opinions???

Criminal.jpg

NanoReefer53

don't worry, he's just makin love with the coral.... jk :P

Check if he actually rips out polyps out of the coral. err...i don't even see polyps though. I have a hermit that loves to hang out on my humilis but so far I haven't had any bad experiences with him.

hey! doesn't that remind you of something? :

i wouldn't worry about the emerald with the sps. i don't think its claws are as strong or as sharp as a gall crab's. sometimes they just like to perch. i had an emerald that used to squat right on top of my capnella for some reason. like a tree house or a throne or something.

: then again that same little sob ate my xenia :angry: but i don't think anything you presently have will appeal to the emerald's appetite.

Thats a funny A$$ picture..hahah..dfon't worry, it won't do anything to the coral, but you have to watch it with your clam, if you have one...i finally solved the mystery of my dead Maxima clam..it was teh emerald crab eating from the bottom ...I found one of my emeral crab picking on the "feet" that my NEW Squomosa clam...i usually place all my clams on the LR instead of the sandbed as its suggested... I found out that you can place a piece of flat LR in your sandbed and have the clam over it and it will set its foot on the LR in the sand..and that will prevent from being eaten from the bottom..

Archived