Pod Your Reef

DDNS setup

seveaye

Hello!

I have a DCS-931L camera here that I'm trying to set up for online viewing.

The camera is working and accessible via Bluefish within the LAN, but I'm struggling to get the configuration right for WAN access.

So now I'm trying to establish a DDNS host via https://www.dlinkddns.com/.

1. When registering the account, I've put in the serial and MAC from the camera. Is that correct?

2. When configuring the host, what do I put in the "IP in DNS' field? The current external IP of the CAMERA, or the IP of the laptop I'm using to set up the host? I would guess I should put the camera's external IP in there, since that is what this whole thing is about, right? If so, where do I find that camera IP? Not the LAN one, the WAN one.

3. What, then, goes in the "Browser IP address" field? The browser of the laptop I'm setting it up with?

Thanks in advance!

SpencerShepard

Hello!

I have a DCS-931L camera here that I'm trying to set up for online viewing.

The camera is working and accessible via Bluefish within the LAN, but I'm struggling to get the configuration right for WAN access.

So now I'm trying to establish a DDNS host via https://www.dlinkddns.com/.

1. When registering the account, I've put in the serial and MAC from the camera. Is that correct?

2. When configuring the host, what do I put in the "IP in DNS' field? The current external IP of the CAMERA, or the IP of the laptop I'm using to set up the host? I would guess I should put the camera's external IP in there, since that is what this whole thing is about, right? If so, where do I find that camera IP? Not the LAN one, the WAN one.

3. What, then, goes in the "Browser IP address" field? The browser of the laptop I'm setting it up with?

Thanks in advance!

1. Yes. This is just for free access to the D-Link DDNS service.

2. From the Add Host form, simply enter your desired hostname (the web address you will use). Then click "use this IP" to copy your computer's external IP to the form (must be on the same network as the camera). Save the new settings.

Your external IP can change. So your next step is to log into your router, and setup DDNS with your new dlinkddns.com info. Then your router will automatically update the DDNS service.

Now when you go to yourhostname.dlinkddns.com, you will be directed to your home network. You also need to set up port forwarding in your router settings, so that you can access the camera from yourhostname.dlinkddns.com:1234

Archived