inTank Media Baskets

CAD Lights 15G Mixed Reef Build

shawnd08

A week or so ago I was looking over my tank and noticed the bottom right corner had a section of glass that was broken off. I did not see any pieces of glass so I'm pretty confident this didn't just happen but I'm not sure for how long it has been this way. I ended up putting my hand on the back corner of the left side and wouldn't you know it that corner is chipped aswell.

20151218_192657.jpg

20151219_140100.jpg

I believe that the stand got wet allowing the tank to sink in just enough to create pressure on the corners causing the glass to crack until it finally broke. The matting I have under the tank was too thin and the stand top is cheap wood. I have epoxied the 2 areas and placed more padding under the tank for the time being. I would imagine at some point one of these corners will start to fail and I will be SOL.

I have decided to replace the tank and seeing as I have to buy a new tank and move my live stock it may as well be an upgrade. I am going with the IM Lagoon 25.

I really like the dimensions of the tank and it will allow me to use the Duo, skimmer,and heater I already own. I am also going to build my own stand which I will be starting this weekend. I plan on using dry Substrate and adding 15 lbs of rock from reef cleaners, I will also use some of the rock currently in the 15g.

I'm not sure if my best option is to setup the tank and add the sand and rock and seed it with a piece of live rock or if I should move everything in one shot. Any input on that is greatly appriciate.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived