inTank Media Baskets

jedimasterben's Nano Box Reef ATI Sunpower Retrofit

jedimasterben

Wait I don't understand, what exactly does the O2 board do that the Bluefish Mini doesn't do on it's own? :unsure:

LDD board, SCW fan power board, fan PWM control via bluefish mini and more. So much more. Think of the bluefish mini as just a CPU and the O2 board being the motherboard. A very awesome motherboard.

jedimasterben

Wait I don't understand, what exactly does the O2 board do that the Bluefish Mini doesn't do on it's own? :unsure:

LDD board, SCW fan power board, fan PWM control via bluefish mini and more. So much more. Think of the bluefish mini as just a CPU and the O2 board being the motherboard. A very awesome motherboard.

This. The added benefit of the Arduino Nano on the O2 board is converting the Bluefish mini's 400Hz 3.3v PWM to a 25KHz PWM so that you can pulse the power to a fan (instead of using a native PWM 4-pin fan) and have mostly full control over the fan's output.

In addition, as O2 later explained, this channel that you link to fan control can still control one of the LDD on the board (or multiple LDD on the board), the conversion happens after the LDD pins so the LDD still get their clean 3.3v PWM.

Ohh and I forgot to add that the fans do not have to be PWM to be controlled by the O2/Bluefish combo.

With 2 SCW08C-12 you can have a boatload of fans (~12 if they are 0.9A Noctuas). So basically you can do light fans, stand fans, water fans, and even fun fans all controlled by the bluefish.

A 6up LDD board from coralux is $15. $15 more and you get an O2 board so it's really a no-brainer. My V2 board arrives tomorrow so I am beyond excited.

Hmm...... You guys might have me sold on that then. Not sure I understand the benefit of PWM signal to LDD control but I understand the fan control aspect. Also I would have spots for 8 LDDs instead of 6. Not sure what that does but more is better. :)

Hmm...... You guys might have me sold on that then. Not sure I understand the benefit of PWM signal to LDD control but I understand the fan control aspect. Also I would have spots for 8 LDDs instead of 6. Not sure what that does but more is better. :)

You don't have spots for 8 LDD as 2 are for SCW.

• 2 weeks later...

jedimasterben, do you have any setup tips for this. I have everything but the PS that will be here tomorrow. I plan on building my fixture this weekend was just looking for some advice prior to starting. thanks

jedimasterben

jedimasterben, do you have any setup tips for this. I have everything but the PS that will be here tomorrow. I plan on building my fixture this weekend was just looking for some advice prior to starting. thanks

Just take your time and don't take shortcuts. The metal bends really, really easily, so be super careful with it.

Thanks, but I was looking for more info on PCB and bluefish mini setup. I'm only doing the V3 array setup. The light looks awesome by the way.

Archived