inTank Media Baskets

URGENT: Heater Issue. Hydor 50 W - overheating. Pico needs help.

Sunstar

Totally agree. Just because we can't afford the "good stuff" now doesn't mean we shouldn't try to provide the safest environment that our budget allows as soon as possible.

I don't think it has to be the absolute safest environment but rather an acceptable environment. Since OP has multiple tanks that this could be used on later then it isn't bad at all because it will get used even after it gets replaced on the current tank (assuming you're going to upgrade to a reef controller). For those that only have one tank then I think the heater controller is a waste when for not very much more you can get the same control and a lot more. They could just as easily get a new heater, which you're going to do anyways, and simply use the thermostat that is already on there. Is it perfect or the 100% absolute safest thing? No, but it is plenty sufficient until you save a little extra cash to get the controller.

Failing using it again, I could always get a bit back on it by selling it to another person.

I have two reef tanks - getting lights on it, a frag tank and two small fresh tanks.

I would like to have some security in knowing that these creatures have a decent chance. Is it perfect? No. I could have the seams give out while I am at the dentist or something. Catching the failure when I did was lucky. It could have got worse.

The betta heater is doing okay for the time being but something to shut it off when it gets to 80 would be ideal.

Archived