inTank Media Baskets

Internal overflow box filter.

onefang

New pic. please dont judge too harshly on my work.

i worked with what i had. now all i need is the foam rock work and some egg crate:)

post-52272-0-35080300-1429914755_thumb.jpg

New pic. please dont judge too harshly on my work.

i worked with what i had. now all i need is the foam rock work and some egg crate:)

god that is good.

That is some serious teeth-cutting bad-assedness you got going on there.

Now cut the back off of it and silicone it into the corner of the tank :D

It'd be soo perfect for that.

Hmmm I have a bunch of black .25" cast acrylic laying around. I wonder if I could fab something like this. Hell of a lo easier than finding a good rimless aio with squared corners.

NorthGaHillbilly

silicone would easily hold something like this to a tank wall. Ive used silicone to glue acrylic in glass several times, its not very strong when alot of pressure is involved, but as your filter will be mostly full of water there wont be any pressure on it.

I would strongly suggest you stay away from magnets, really asking for trouble there.

i currently have a 40B set up with a HOB Penguin filter. im looking to rid of it and my heater from the display, so

im currently working on something similar to this idea. i went to home Depot and picked up a 4" ABS pipe. i sealed the bottom with silicone and a 3$ acrylic sheet. im going to cut some ridges on the top for the overflow,and will be making a DIY media basket out of egg crate(for Filter Floss,and Chemi-pure. i already have a pump in the tube i just need a flare nozzle for my return line.. im looking to use a can of "Great Stuff" to make a Foam Rock wall to Hide the tube itself and blend it in with my rock work for a cleaner look.

Do yourself a favor and use the pond spray foam for waterfalls. Regular great stuff just isn't the same. And Awesome job on the cuts for the teeth!!!

Thanks everyone for the compliments. I went to home depot today and picked up my egg crate and great stuff. Coudlnt find the pond and stone kind so i just picked up the regular red can. I read a thread on year a while back, where a member here used it on his AIO 20L with no issues. Ill post more pics tomorrow when more progress has been made. Wish me luck yall:)

That is some serious teeth-cutting bad-assedness you got going on there.Now cut the back off of it and silicone it into the corner of the tank :DIt'd be soo perfect for that.

This was my original idea, but a 4" pipe cut in half will leave no room for a pump lol. I really want to do this but ehh

Archived