Pod Your Reef

Substitute for Minijet 606 in Fluval Spec V?

llama roadkill

Reefdreamers

So to clear things up here the aqeuon 600 will fit in the fluval spec v chamber and has good flow? I need something with better flow in mine and I hate using power head because they are all to big

So to clear things up here the aqeuon 600 will fit in the fluval spec v chamber and has good flow? I need something with better flow in mine and I hate using power head because they are all to big

Affirmative. It needs about 30 seconds worth of modification and it will drop right in. The flow is pretty solid as well. Once you do the mod it runs it at full and cannot be adjusted but it's about perfect for most. With only the aqueon 600 in my tank all corners get enough flow to show movement in ricordia, zoanthids and anemone.

The chambers in the spec are connected so no way to pump out return chamber unless you completely neglect the tank.

• 6 months later...

The hydor picos are good, very quiet and no micro bubbles.

There are small eheims as well. that may fit. The eheim 1000 i believe does up to 267gph, there is smaller

If you are using a spin nozzle, it cuts flow in half, so factor that when deciding on gph.

• 1 month later...

Another update to this old thread... I have been looking for a replacement pump for almost a year. Finally ordered a Quiet One Pro 400. Is fantastic! Dropped right in, no modification required. I have the flow reducer on and it is moving water pretty well for my moms planted tank. Full flow would be pretty good for softies and LPS.

Since I still can't find the MJ pumps, this is an awesome alternative to the stock pump. Fits in the pump section with room for the heater and is super quiet. Have to put my ear to the tank to hear it. Anyway, here's a link to the one I bought:

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/quiet-one-pro-400-lifegard.html

+1 for the Aqueon QuietFlow Submersible Utility Pump 600

I have it on my Spec III and turned all the way up creates some great movement.

• 1 month later...

Archived