Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

All coralife aqualight owners look here!!!

viking1

I have a 20" tank and was looking at the 96 watt quad fixture. I read something about the mounting legs being able to slide in on the fixture. Example, a 24" fixture could fit on a 20" tank because the mounting legs can slide in and fit. does anyone have any experience with this or have a 24" fixture on a 20" tank?

You are correct.The legs can and will slide versy easily.Matter of fact I think the 24 inch light covers a 10 gal tank better then a 20 inch light.I have the 96 quad and find that part of my tank doesnt seem to as bright.So anyhow the point is the answer is yes and have fun.

I have a 24" aqualight lunar model on my 10 gallon. I really like the way it lights the entire tank up...the built in moon lights are cool too.

I have a CSL 20" 2x40w fixture on my tank now and wanted more light. I am planning on keeping that system and whatever system I end up getting, on the tank at the same time.

viking1, if you want more light, add a 70w or 150w HQI metal halide there in the center of that CSL.

may I suggest you check out the thread below...in my sig.:)

Cellenzweig

I think the 24" looks great on a 20" tank. It only sticks out 2" on each end and the bulbs are only 21" anyways, so not much light spills out. One thing I don't like about the legs is that they aren't very strong. The first time you put a little weight on them, they'll break. If you're going to buy them, I suggest a second set as spares.

Yea,I second that.If you look at any light that is in use with these legs you can see little cracks where you tighten the screws.

Archived