Innovative Marine Aquariums

Aquascaping my 36 bowfront euphyllia tank. what do you think?

blankminded

blankminded

I've decided to upgrade from my 8 gallon Aqueon evolve and 5 gallon fluval Spec V to a 36 gallon bowfront. Both tanks have gotten filled up over the past couple years and it times to combine and get bigger. I already plumbed and sumped the 36. I added about 45LBS of live rock. I was going for the horse shoe U shape look. I need to make 3 sections for the frogspawn, hammer, and torch. I also need to give the torches a little more room so they don't sting anyone else. This is what I came up with. Ideas? thoughts?

20150408_170115.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
fishfreak0114

I like the arches and it definitely has three separate sections. I love lots of rock, so my only suggestion would be to add 1 or 2 small rocks to the top of the structure and maybe one on the left side towards the bottom to fill it out a bit. Just my opinion, up to you. Good luck :)

no offense, but it looks a little too symmetrical and deliberate. I like the idea of the horseshoe arena look but maybe you could try like an arena style horseshoe? just my thoughts. Once you get enough euphyllias in there you won't really see the rock anyway

I like it myself. I have a 36 bowfront with big colonies of hammer and frogspawn. I have a torch but it is languishing.

Archived