Innovative Marine Aquariums

Bluefish Mini Hook Up

DaveFason

Hmmm ... Do you have a password lock on your router. I got stalled there before I figured out I was supposed to put in my router password not the account password.

I cant get blink up to work. My card is blinking, then I point it while really close at my flashy android screen. It says configuring, and then fails. :(

Double check the router password. As well the screen brightness. I just sent you the BF Mini manual on your email with a trouble shooting guide.

-Dave

Double check the router password. As well the screen brightness. I just sent you the BF Mini manual on your email with a trouble shooting guide.

-Dave

Thanks.

jedimasterben

I cant get blink up to work. My card is blinking, then I point it while really close at my flashy android screen. It says configuring, and then fails. :(

What device are you trying to Blinkup with? If it's a Samsung phone, it's a royal PITA.

What device are you trying to Blinkup with? If it's a Samsung phone, it's a royal PITA.

Samsung galaxy tab 2. I brought it into work to fiddle with it today on our guest network. I realized that just before blinkup it asks for the network name AND password. I wasn't putting the password in but was still able to start the blinkup. Duh.

But even that didn't help. Still failing to connect. Any tips for getting this to work on a Samsung device? I'm just stuck on "joining network"

I couldn't get mine to connect while in the case. The extra light from the little power light on the board was interfering with the blink up. To fix the problem I took the case off and covered the board with my hand and it connected just fine. Dave said he has never seen the issue that I had, but it might be worth a try

jedimasterben

Samsung galaxy tab 2. I brought it into work to fiddle with it today on our guest network. I realized that just before blinkup it asks for the network name AND password. I wasn't putting the password in but was still able to start the blinkup. Duh.

But even that didn't help. Still failing to connect. Any tips for getting this to work on a Samsung device? I'm just stuck on "joining network"

Borrow any other kind of phone or tablet from a friend lol. Samsung has very aggressive power saving features that make pulsing the LCD panel and keeping a constant brightness almost impossible and it messes with Blinkup. Spencer has some steps on how to disable these, but even after following everything to a T, I still couldn't Blinkup, so I used my iPad and it worked first time (as it also did from a Droid 4 and Moto X). From there, just sign in on your Android device and you can configure everything like normal.

Borrow any other kind of phone or tablet from a friend lol. Samsung has very aggressive power saving features that make pulsing the LCD panel and keeping a constant brightness almost impossible and it messes with Blinkup. Spencer has some steps on how to disable these, but even after following everything to a T, I still couldn't Blinkup, so I used my iPad and it worked first time (as it also did from a Droid 4 and Moto X). From there, just sign in on your Android device and you can configure everything like normal.

This makes sense... after I try blink up for the second time, the screen kind of flashes even when I'm not in the bluefish app.

Surely someone out of the 40 people in my office will let me try with their iPhone!

I couldn't get mine to connect while in the case. The extra light from the little power light on the board was interfering with the blink up. To fix the problem I took the case off and covered the board with my hand and it connected just fine. Dave said he has never seen the issue that I had, but it might be worth a try

Tried twice. Didn't work. Thanks for he suggestion though!

-Dave

Tried twice. Didn't work. Thanks for he suggestion though!

Looks like it's still just me Dave

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Dave does all th bluefish mini controller come with the mini case now or is it a separate item that we can purchase. I am afraid to leve the bare circuit lying around.

Dave does all th bluefish mini controller come with the mini case now or is it a separate item that we can purchase. I am afraid to leve the bare circuit lying around.

It comes with a case upon purchase :) and it looks sleek dont worry!

This goes to show that Iphone is superior, just saying.

*let the battle begin!*

E3EpuH8.gif

Just FYI, i linked my Bluefish to a SAMSUNG NOTE II with no problems the first time.

• 7 months later...

Just received my Bluefish mini today. I have Daves Nanobox retro in my Biocube. When setting up the bluefish the retro is not listed as an option. Do I choose the Duo? Thanks for any help

jedimasterben

Just received my Bluefish mini today. I have Daves Nanobox retro in my Biocube. When setting up the bluefish the retro is not listed as an option. Do I choose the Duo? Thanks for any help

You don't have to choose anything. Just set it up like normal.

Like Ben said. If you have a SMALL retro then it will mimic a Tide. If you have a LARGE retro then it will mimic a Duo.

-Dave

Archived