Top Shelf Aquatics

How's my scape?

ReefSafeSolutions

ReefSafeSolutions

I thought I'd ask for your opinions on how my scape is, before everything gets bigger and somewhat set in their places on the rocks.

IMG_3016%20edit_zpsiobtvidh.jpeg

I dig how it all looks right now, my only concern is there may not be enough high places in the tank for corals that like more light (though my frogspawn seems very happy at the bottom...) but let me know what you think...I think the height are probably good enough!

I actually really like it. I think if you plan on sticking to lower light stuff you should be fine, well I guess it depends on what you're using for light.

righttirefire

I'd ask what's your light source... distance from surface and par values. If you have "enough" light to support the corals you want build whatever makes you happy. I'm switching to a 20 long to reduce my water column 4" and improve the likelyhood of supporting higher light required corals

ReefSafeSolutions

Thanks for the comments...I should have mentioned, I'm using an AquaIllumination Nano that my Dad isn't using anymore (he got a longer tank and needed to upgrade his lighting to accommodate for the length). It's about 2 feet off the sandbed, and I believe white is at 20% and blues are at 40%. Or something similar, at least...I messed with it a few days ago and can't remember what it's set at, hah!

So if need be I can crank up the intensity for higher light corals. I kind of dig having a lower profile aquascape!

Andrew_Reef90g

Another option would to putty shelf rocks to the back glass. I think it would look sweet with your current scape, and opens up the possibility of SPS or other highlight critters.

ReefSafeSolutions

I'll have to dig around our live rock bucket and see if I can find some pieces to raise the right side a bit. I thought I was going to love the platform there but now I'm starting to think otherwise...hmm...

Archived