ReefCleaners.org

Lady Hillbilly's 8g AIO (Happy Wife, Happy Life)

NorthGaHillbilly

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
NorthGaHillbilly

No derpy angler to show, but did get some decent pictures this afternoon

17082343579_f8a321b1e5_c.jpg

17082342549_8d6418ea9d_c.jpg

17268540785_7d652fc4cb_c.jpg

17242572316_bb9b3c2129_c.jpg

17061142277_63d2c9c2b5_c.jpg

17268031581_e98f16e9c1_c.jpg

17242579336_90828d1960_c.jpg

Forgive the reflections

17268029601_4f3e37732c_c.jpg

Oh yea, this is why I dont play with sand

17061147807_54288e4406_c.jpg

Looks great man....your lady is doing a nice job!

Is that growth on the bnest from before the swap...or is it already growing in this tank?

NorthGaHillbilly

Looks great man....your lady is doing a nice job!

Is that growth on the bnest from before the swap...or is it already growing in this tank?

Shes been pretty happy with it so far, shes vetoed a few things I wanted to throw in, but its coming together.

It was showing that growth in the big tank, only been in the small tank for 4 days I think. Hoping it does well

shaneandjohn

This tank looks a great sir! I completely agree with you about the sand.

I suck out a pile of detris from the corner of my tank every week. Just to think it used to stay in the sand!

Shane

• 2 weeks later...
Reefkid88

Looks awesome GA !!! That plate looks awesome. So are YCG's really a pain ? I always wanted one,and my gf Loves them.. But idk.

NorthGaHillbilly

Looks awesome GA !!! That plate looks awesome. So are YCG's really a pain ? I always wanted one,and my gf Loves them.. But idk.

Thanks man, they really are, in some ways. There like little dogs in that they swim all around he second you walk in the room, mine eats flake from between my fingers, so really a great fish. But they perch on everything, which was cool when it was just lps, didn't seem to bother them, but the second a sps goes in there stuck like glue, but if your not looking to focus on SPS then there great fish
NorthGaHillbilly

I really like that carpet nem in there. Have you ever tried cloning it?

I havent, but the guy I got it from has cut them many times. He said it's as easy as you could imagine, but I'm somewhat of a wimp. It's a mini maxi so it should be about maxed out, but if it gets much larger I'll probably take a blade to it.

jedimasterben

I havent, but the guy I got it from has cut them many times. He said it's as easy as you could imagine, but I'm somewhat of a wimp. It's a mini maxi so it should be about maxed out, but if it gets much larger I'll probably take a blade to it.

The display is 12" across? If so, that makes the nem only around 3-4"? It can get almost double that size. :)

Slowtwitch

I hear ya on the cutting them up. I hate to think of slicing up something I just spent money on. I have one in my tank that I got online. It was supposed to be 2" across and when it showed up it is all of 5.5". Seems healthy as can be and hasn't moved since it attached, but I kinda want to split it and see if I can keep it to a more proportional size for the tank, then trade in the clones for other stuff at the LFS.

hypostatic

Tank looks good!

Also, with regards to the thread title, I believe I've read about a study which concluded that what the longevity/happiness/quality of a marriage really depends on is how happy the wife is lol

NorthGaHillbilly

This looks nice sir!

Thank ya sir, headed over to see how the 40B is doing

Tank looks good!

Also, with regards to the thread title, I believe I've read about a study which concluded that what the longevity/happiness/quality of a marriage really depends on is how happy the wife is lol

Ive found a direct correlation between my blood pressure and her mood... Gatta keep her happy for both our sakes :D

I hear ya on the cutting them up. I hate to think of slicing up something I just spent money on. I have one in my tank that I got online. It was supposed to be 2" across and when it showed up it is all of 5.5". Seems healthy as can be and hasn't moved since it attached, but I kinda want to split it and see if I can keep it to a more proportional size for the tank, then trade in the clones for other stuff at the LFS.

Its funny, that damn nem moved 4" over to the right side of the rock it was on, its really stretching out, after the RO membrane change and a few WCs to make sure things are stable, I think hes getting the knife :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
NorthGaHillbilly

Nice tank! Where do you order your acrylic? What do you cut it with?

Thanks man, got the acrylic of amazon for simplicity. If you call around a local plastics place will sell scrap cheap, but amazon has I to the door in 2 days :P

Used a table saw and a melamine blade. Same blase I used to cut my overflow

Thanks man, got the acrylic of amazon for simplicity. If you call around a local plastics place will sell scrap cheap, but amazon has I to the door in 2 days :P

Used a table saw and a melamine blade. Same blase I used to cut my overflow

Well I don't have a table saw or a melamine blade. Nevermind, lol :D

NorthGaHillbilly

Well I don't have a table saw or a melamine blade. Nevermind, lol :D

Lol, I'm about to do some acrylic work for Ben, hit me up if you need something and I'll get it out to you

Lol, I'm about to do some acrylic work for Ben, hit me up if you need something and I'll get it out to you

Oh I am a ways away from any acrylic work, but I saw your pictures and wondered where you got it. I'm really interested in the DIY stuff - acrylic and woodworking, mainly.

Archived