Coral Vue Hydros

8g Scape - Making room for new Corals

R1sky_Biz

Ok so I am picking up quite a bit of new stuff tomorrow and I wanted to get some opinions on my scape. I realize I shouldn't have left the rocks so large but it is what it is now.

My point of interest is my Dragons Breath Algae. This stuff has grown quite a bit since I got it 2 months ago and I'm thinking I should cut/frag it and move it to the opposite side to make room for some other stuff.. So here is a FTS and then a shot from the right side showing how big the algae is.

FTS

18E87A88-B15D-4F66-BAAA-E3FFB3543908.jpg

View from the right side

9DE945FE-FEFD-41FB-97A5-7FA15D0A4C8F.jpg

Probably going to cut it in half and move it to the opposite side of the tank under the powerhead but wanted to get some opinions.. TIA cheers!

I like the offcenter focal point the dragons breath creates, keeping shorter corals in there should really keep it a focal point. As for having it in multiple places that could look good as well but if you want it a focal point just trim it and sell pieces (or if your lazy like me toss it) lol

I like the offcenter focal point the dragons breath creates, keeping shorter corals in there should really keep it a focal point. As for having it in multiple places that could look good as well but if you want it a focal point just trim it and sell pieces (or if your lazy like me toss it) lol

I definitely don't want to throw it away lol, guess I'll give some to a buddy. My thought is that by moving the the DB to the left side, I could fit quite a bit more on the right side of the scape. Maybe cyphastrea near the top or some other type of encrusting coral and possibly some Duncans toward the bottom?

Here is a new FTS, I added a torch on the bottom left, another Acan, a zoa colony and a Micromussa. That random piece of green monti cap I'm holding for a friends tank btw.

EC14032A-ABFC-4613-94ED-029E05B8283B.jpg

The torch has twice the extension at this point so it has filled in the bottom left nicely.

Archived