ReefCleaners.org

Quick opinion.

CrazyEyes

Getting ready to get this tank running. I like both of them, just want some opinions on it. Would you go with

10913732_925225340830618_978915307_n_zps

Or this one which doesn't have the added rock to the bottom right.

IMG_20150331_131042556_zpsx5fk7bub.jpg

I'd like to say that I'd go with the second one, but I know I would want the room for coral that you have in the first.

I like the look of the first one much better because I like the slant up to that 'cliff'. I think it could make a really cool display of cascading corals. My only concern there is that you have barely any sand bed up front, which means there must be a lot of 'unused space' behind (going by how much sandbed room there is with the second choice). If you can push the first back at all, without totally wedging it against the back of the tank, I'd try that, only to give you some sand bed to work with as you grow your frags. I've found, having 'sand bed room' is a pretty hot commodity when you get new frags and are trying to assimilate them from the usually subpar LFS lighting to whatever you are using. I've bleached more than a few corals putting them up on my rockwork right out of the bag due to lack of sandbed space. (I have since redone my rock to have more sandbed space available)

I prefer the second scape, the first one seems like the sandbed would be crowded. Not all corals need to be placed on the LR so with the open sandbed you still have lots of real estate.

Markburns43

I like the them bith first one is my liking though. Only thing on the left side the rock is close to the glass, my mistake a coupke times when I try and ckean all sides of the glass the damn rock will trap algae inbetween

Im going to reposition the rock so there is as room as I can get on all sides. And I think I am going to go with the first one.

printerdown01

Lol I think you need something in between the two scrapes. Might try going with a smaller chunk on the right and have it come out more towards the glass rather than towards the side. Think it will give you better balance and something @ the bottom 3rd mark.

Another think I like doing is covering the cement seams with super glue then sprinkling the sand from the bottom of the rock rubble to hide the seams. Something I would never do in a large tank -but is looks really slick and polished in a nano!!

Just my 2 cents

GREAT scape though!!! It is rare to see great scales in manis and you my friend have one for sure!

Archived