Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Estimating PAR

Reefkid88

This is probably a stupid question,but is there any way you can "roughly estimate" my par to get a ballpark of what my tank could be getting instead of getting a par meter and toting that around ? Or if anyone has enough experience with certain led arrays if they could maybe chime in or know a equation that I could use ? My light consists of:

2x Luxeon ES Royal Blue's

2x LGB Cool Blue's

1x (I'm assuming) Bridgelux Warm White

1x LDD 700mA about 5-6" off the water.

masterbuilder

Download one of the LUX Meter apps to your smartphone. There are conversion charts that will get you in the general PAR ballpark

Download one of the LUX Meter apps to your smartphone. There are conversion charts that will get you in the general PAR ballpark

Shit,sweet deal man. Thanks,I'll have to try that out. So using that app it measured 105k lx (which I'm assuming is lux)... I'm lost from there.

With all that being said,it's about "190-200" par at the waters surface,or well as close as I wanted to get my phone to the water lol.

Edit: I just tested again and got a astronomical reading of 305k which is roughly 445 par at the light 365 at 3" (halfway between the water and the light). And got a different reading of about 205-215 at the water surface. So I'd imagine around sandbed (5" from the water surface) I could keep sps.

Archived