inTank Media Baskets

Cichlidrookie Fluval Spec V Build

Cichlidrookie

Hammerstone

Good luck on your endeavors!! You seem to be a mellow and positive person. That's good!!!

My husband is the boss lol. So I think all of us with significant others have one as you said lol.?

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Lol. I'm the wife and lucky to have no restrictions from the hubby.

If I had the room and $, I suspect I'd have a freshwater and jellyfish tanks.

Come on lottery:)

Your plans sound good.

Have you checked your magnesium? I was having problems keeping my alk and ca stable.

My ca dropped to 370 and alk to 7.

I wanted my ca to be 420 and alk 9....my magnesium was 1110!

I started using the liquid esv bionic magnesium and since then, my ca and alk are within normal ranges.

I love the liquid dosers by esv bionic.

Is your alk kit reading in dkh or meq/L

Cichlidrookie

Good luck on your endeavors!! You seem to be a mellow and positive person. That's good!!!

My husband is the boss lol. So I think all of us with significant others have one as you said lol.

Thanks I am mellow and positive...weird how you can learn about someone by reading their dairy/posts

Lol. I'm the wife and lucky to have no restrictions from the hubby.

If I had the room and $, I suspect I'd have a freshwater and jellyfish tanks.

Come on lottery:)

Your plans sound good.

Have you checked your magnesium? I was having problems keeping my alk and ca stable.

My ca dropped to 370 and alk to 7.

I wanted my ca to be 420 and alk 9....my magnesium was 1110!

I started using the liquid esv bionic magnesium and since then, my ca and alk are within normal ranges.

I love the liquid dosers by esv bionic.

Is your alk kit reading in dkh or meq/L

Yes I have checked my magnesium with the red sea test kit and it is within normal range.

I have a Hanna Instrument test kit so I know it is on point (good reagent not the recalled stuff).

It tests ppm and I use the internet to get dkh.

I was going to start dosing but not anymore. LOL

I think I am going to try a frag tank next. Try to grow out some corals that way when I move I will have full grown corals for the new tank.

Should I start a new thread or continue this one???

Cencalfishguy56

Thanks I am mellow and positive...weird how you can learn about someone by reading their dairy/posts

Yes I have checked my magnesium with the red sea test kit and it is within normal range.

I have a Hanna Instrument test kit so I know it is on point (good reagent not the recalled stuff).

It tests ppm and I use the internet to get dkh.

I was going to start dosing but not anymore. LOL

I think I am going to try a frag tank next. Try to grow out some corals that way when I move I will have full grown corals for the new tank.

Should I start a new thread or continue this one???

restart this one and screw the kalk, does more bad than good, even if your alk dropped just do some math and dose manually or stick to water changes if everything was happy, make reefing simple is my of going about it lol

Cichlidrookie

restart this one and screw the kalk, does more bad than good, even if your alk dropped just do some math and dose manually or stick to water changes if everything was happy, make reefing simple is my of going about it lol

Good idea....I don't even really know why I started adding the KALK. Too much hype on BRS Tv I guess. I did notice more growth and extensions on my coral when I started it but yeah not worth the trouble it caused.

So I think this weekend I am going to tear down the mess and restart. Going to pour some vinegar into the tank and let it clean out with everything in there. Hopefully it cleans some of the mess left behind.

Will post pictures of the DISASTER to give me a reminder how fragile a PICO can be, and to keep me patient through the next adventure.

Thanks to everything for your support and post.

Archived