ReefCleaners.org

Are these guys Majanos?

Snow_Phoenix

Yeah, I've decided to keep them. I'm still debating if I should pick up the grape caulerpa frag I saw at my LFS that had these two gorgeous ball nems attached to it. Problem is getting rid of the caulerpa itself.

caulpera is nice, just if you want easy removal don't plant on the rocks, put it in sand.
Snow_Phoenix

Okay, I revisited the LFS and took a closer look at the nems on the grape caulerpa frag. Whatever it was, it is not a ball nem and it's super-invasive. It also stung most of the caulerpa and killed it, and was stinging a green toadstool leather next to it. Needless to say, I put in a down-payment for the leather instead and told the worker in the LFS to isolate the dying caulerpa frag. Those nems look nasty.

Okay, I revisited the LFS and took a closer look at the nems on the grape caulerpa frag. Whatever it was, it is not a ball nem and it's super-invasive. It also stung most of the caulerpa and killed it, and was stinging a green toadstool leather next to it. Needless to say, I put in a down-payment for the leather instead and told the worker in the LFS to isolate the dying caulerpa frag. Those nems look nasty.

you got a pic, also the caulpera wouldn't be getting stung, it could be infected though.

They are gorgeous. I have a beautiful green majano in a pest tank, I keep target feeding it plankton but it hasn't split! I have had it over two months now and it looks great. I've tried getting more locally but the LFS's just eradicate anything even resembling one (which is funny cause they frequently have aiptasia in the tanks). Nice find!

They are gorgeous. I have a beautiful green majano in a pest tank, I keep target feeding it plankton but it hasn't split! I have had it over two months now and it looks great. I've tried getting more locally but the LFS's just eradicate anything even resembling one (which is funny cause they frequently have aiptasia in the tanks). Nice find!

it won't split super quick unless its really stressed, if you want a split you have to give him a cut.

I've read conflicting data on this. Some say yes it will, others say it doesn't. Or that you have to slice through the mouth. Given I only have one I am reluctant to try. I did recently on a mushroom cutting it clean down the middle with a razor blade only for it to reattach and move away down the rock in the next week!

I also fed the tank heavy and didn't waterchange for 17 days going for high nutrient density thinking maybe dirty water would do the trick. Everything looked great and then algae started to bloom.

That algae is like a guardian of our tanks, it saves it before it goes toxic, id say simply focus feed the anemone more foods if you don't want to cut it. It may take a while though.

You don't need to change water too often for the pest anemones if you want quicker growth, and I've seen a couple drips of grass fertilizer can make aiptasia grow quicker

Archived