Pod Your Reef

Another 10 gal - 5 months old

impur

Here are a few pics of my 10 gal at 5 months. Pretty much done adding stuff for a bit, with the exception of 1 or 2 spots i'd like to put something. Anyway, here are the pics.

P7200045.jpg

P7200044.jpg

P7220059.jpg

P7220061.jpg

The one on the right is AC, the one on the left is some offbrand. I had 2 of the left ones, but one got real loud so i replaced it. I picked them up for $10 so i figured what the heck. Other than the one getting loud, they have done real well.

kris_willard

You got lots? I trhink in this tank it contrasts very nicely with the purple i have some in my tank and its sooooo neon.

3gEclipseGuy

What's that in front of the red mushroom? Flowerpot?

Is that green algae bad? It looks kind of cool. Any different than the purple?

I have purple and maroon coralline, but I just started getting a bunch of the green stuff... I have to agree with corrie, I don't like the green stuff. I just hope it doesn't take over the tank and grow over my purple stuff.

Originally posted by 3gEclipseGuy

What's that in front of the red mushroom?  Flowerpot?

Daisy polyps. Growing pretty quickly too, until that mushroom decided it like the area as well and start covering up part of the frag. I figure the daisy polyps have been growing so fast they will adapt.

Thanks for the replies guys, the green coraline is a PIA!! I have to scrape the glass once a week. The hermits love when i scrape it however, lots of easy pickins.

How is the hydnophora doing under your 96w powerquad?I was thinking about getting one and I have the same light as yours.

Its doing awesome. I originally got it in my first seacrop.com order. It came unattached and had some tissue decaying on it. All the skeleton is now covered with new flesh and it has encrusted to its rock, i just need to remove the rubberband. Its even started 3 new branches that are much more visible when its closed up. I have seen a few other varieties of this coral, a much lighter green too. I like mine the best, very distince bright green and almost purple "feelers" (i don't know what they are called).

Archived