ReefCleaners.org

Great Help

damdic

I get the greatest help from every body here.

I am starting to do a 10g nano. I have my light 2x36w from AH supply. I am in the process of making my own hood. I am going to use Tropic Marin salt and a 75w ebo heater. The LR & LS is still up in the air, do not really know the best place to get it. Money is no problem any suggestions.

send all your money to my address and i'll ship you the LR & LS. :P i'd skip the LS and go premium LR and bum (or buy) some LS from an established tank to seed the sandbed.

themarinecenter.com is pretty good. they offer pacific, gulf, and carribbean i believe.

jeff's exoticfish.com gets it pretty fresh and cheap ime.

i've heard tampabay's is pretty good aquacultured LR and the best aged (i.e. bio-diversity). if i recall correctly they're one of the first guys to get licensed back in '97(?)

Buying LR online in such small quantities probably wouldn't be worth it for you unless you went in with another nano-head. I would suggest just shopping around locally to find the best looking rock in your area.

As for sand, if you're on the east coast, just grab some southdown from Home Depot and seed it with a scoop from an established tank.

Great lighting :) Have fun with the new tank!

live rock - gulf view. I didn't get mine there but everyone seems to like it.

For sand and sand bed critters, you can do as satchmo said, then check out www.ipsf.com as they have a very diverse selection of additives and suggestions. One hit of their live sand activator and some of their sand bed critters will get you well on your way.

The only problem you get with ordering the live rock online is that you don't get to pick your pieces. Rather than place the order online, I suggest calling the place and detailing what you are looking for. try and explain what type of scaping you are planning on, tell them the size of the tank etc. Hopefully you will end up with something that will suit your needs.

Good luck and keep us informed as to your progess

You should try Reef Cetral. Go to the livestock selling forum and post your locale and that you're looking for rock & sand. You'll probably get a few replies. While you're there, check out the Reef Clubs section and see if there's something in your area. Most clubs are great about helping newbies get started.

Archived