Pod Your Reef

Mdodso00's 29 gal New Coral & Pics 7/1

mdodso00

Just a quick update. Went to a LFS over the weekend and got a seasons greetings monti. Really nothing else been going on with the tank. Starting to get a little bit of algae in one corner of the tank on the sandbed but thats it. Everything is doing great. Ready to see this monti start growing out.

• 2 months later...

So it's been a minute since I have posted last.

Update:

Everything is going good in the tank. Had a little bit of an algae problem with my sand bed but I siphoned it out and have done a couple of water changes and everything is looking good.

Since last time I was here I purchase a Green Birdsnest frag, Gobstoppers zoa, some no name zoas, purple death palys, and a red digitata coral that looks awesome.

I'll have to get some pictures tonight and show you all.

I do have a question, What does everyone keep their water temps at? I'm currently sitting at 76* just trying to keep from an algae out break and it seems to be working pretty good.

Sorry for the crappy cell phone pictures

Right side

20150630_172343_resized_zpsrneugmsd.jpg

Left Side

20150630_172349_resized_zpslpkgvaf3.jpg

Cyphastrea Meteor Shower

20150630_172537_resized_zpsiuuqbuts.jpg

Purple Death Paly

20150630_172517_resized_zps5yzogge8.jpg

Pink Gobstopper

20150630_172526_resized_zpsq4kn0lta.jpg

Seasons Greetings Monti

20150630_172548_resized_zpsmqrs7bao.jpg

Green Birds Nest

b0dc4260-1894-4805-bc88-37952e60a798_zps

Anyone know what these Zoas are called??

20150630_172505_resized_zps2nu6qvdi.jpg

Red/Orange Branching Digitata Monti

20150630_172459_resized_zpsgoqlfxwr.jpg

I do have a two mushrooms that are in the back and can't get a good picture of them.

One looks like this BlueDotsShroomRock-55.jpg

The other is just like those except with yellow dots and a couple of grey streaks down them.

I did lose my Banggai Cardinal the other day. Its been acting very weird the last few weeks but still eating good. Found it in my overflow area. It originally was hanging out on the right side of the tank in the corner then moved to behind the overflow box. But over the last week or so it was hanging out in the cave on the right side. I was sitting on the couch two nights ago and didn't notice him. So I went over and sure enough could not find him anywhere and then BOOM, found him in the overflow.

I'm really looking for a new fish to add since the only two I have in there are the YWG and the snowflake clown. I need to get another clown. But I'm looking for some type of Wrasse. What do would you all suggest for a reef safe nano wrasse that isn't a six-line? The local store as a Chirstmas wrasse they just got in but I'm not sure how big it is. I'd prefer to get a smaller one.

Also I didn't get an answer about the temp, can anyone give me something on that? Thanks

New Additions.

I got another clown fish over the weekend and a flasher wrasse.

Wrasse is pretty skiddish right now. But the 2 clowns have become friends already. I was pretty skeptical of putting another clown in there with my snowflake. I really didn't want them to fight. So I guess one is male and the other female perhaps?

All the corals are doing good still. Getting a new bud coming up on my gobstopper zoa.

7515fts_zpsw5382ktl.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Archived